Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved + Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent (Debut Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved + Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by thequinntessential, May 31, 2019.

1. Currently has 3 songs in the top 10 in the UK. Time for a thread in Pop & Justice.

His debut album "Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent" recently debuted at #1 on the UK Album Charts & is currently the fastest selling album of 2019 along with 3 top ten hits in the past few months, including the #1 smash Someone You Loved which is now making waves in North America.

- #1 on Today's Top Hits
    - Sold out arena tour (Over 77,000 tickets sold)
    - #46 on US Top 50
    - #80 on Billboard Hot 100 so far and climbing

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    GRMusic and Blue6010 like this.
  2. He got the record for the fastest selling album in the UK this year (he beat Ariana!), do we know how much he sold?

GRMusic and thequinntessential like this.
  3. https://www.officialcharts.com/char...m-of-2019-so-far-it-makes-me-so-proud__26413/

Blue6010 likes this.
  4. He is hilarious!!

thequinntessential likes this.
  5. On the positive side, to sell an arena tour with no album out is a phenomenal achievement. And he really does seem to have personality for days, as evidenced by the brilliant video posted above.

But...the voice. I couldn't get past track 4. (Also the vanity searching/quote tweeting on Twitter really isn't a good look.)

6. I hate that they're promoting his album with memes on the Underground.

You can be a fool on social media but you want to promote your serious artiste album with memes? Bleurgh.

diamondliam likes this.
  7. This is my favourite album of the year.

He's hilarious as a person, an incredible songwriter and his voice is amazing.

8. Especially cause his music doesn't match with that kind of promotion. It's kind of jarring BUT at the same time it seems to be working cause people are loving his personality & it's increasing his popularity.

9. Wait his music sounds like... that? I was not expecting that based on his interviews and clips I've seen on twitter. What a waste.

10. Not this video reminding me of the best thing to be found on the internet

11. He seems like a funny guy but his music is not for me. It sounds like he’s shouting rather than singing. Good to see a Scot getting so popular though, there’s not many.

12. https://www.joe.ie/music/lewis-capaldi-noel-gallagher-instagram-672661

Lmao. I love his personality.

13. #3 in the US. Could be a potential #1.
    I'm really shocked at the success of the song in the states. Didn't think it'd become so big.

GRMusic likes this.
  14. Can we pick another artist and have them take over this thread a la the newly minted Phil Collins stan page taking over from E* S******

15. When the Ava Max thread became the Natalia Kills appreciation thread.

Island and Subspace88 like this.

16. Boppp

Subspace88 likes this.
    lehnw01 likes this.
  18. UGH, THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Vasilios likes this.
  19. Still remember watching it in the new releases section one winter morning on Super Channel (MTV type european TV channel) and I STILL haven't recovered.

lehnw01 likes this.
  20. Vasilios likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.