LGBTQIA+ | Page 1004 | The Popjustice Forum

LGBTQIA+

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Babylon, Aug 15, 2012.

1. I'd like to get married for legal reasons, splitting the properties etc. But also, the sheer spite! There's talks about a law coming to pass this year, finally, over the backs of raging homophobes and fascists... honestly, that would be brilliant. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

LPT, DominoDancing, Alenko and 3 others like this.
  2. Conversely, my friend's sister had three kids with her partner, they got married after 10-12 years and then split up entirely 18 months later!

Music Is Death likes this.
  3. Oof. I feel like that happens often. I mean, some people say marriage doesn't change anything, but it really does and I think that some relationships are better off if they don't actually go through a marriage.

4. Marriage is a *very* personal thing. It means different things to different people. The beauty of being LGBT+ is that we're less shackled to precedent and we're more free to make marriage what we want it to be.

5. Straight people get married to breed, queer people so that their partner can stay in their shared house if something happens to one of them.

LPT, Alenko, kal and 3 others like this.
  6. Gay people breed too, but it's a different kind.

DiscoRobot, LPT, acl and 24 others like this.
  7. I'm just getting married to seize full control of the playlist at the party, teebs.

LPT, K94, OlliMaus and 14 others like this.
  8. Tea. Teavana.

9. I think it's the same kind? Just no bebes get made.

10. SBK

SBK

I'm engaged but we're in no rush to get married. We have the perfect venue but the last year has just stalled all planning, so we're just gonna put the £££ we have saved into buying our own place instead.

elusive_chartreuse and Island like this.
  11. This 100% is the best thing to do.

12. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

So let's put a bow on the discussion I deleted and move on everyone, cheers!

13. I stood up to my boss today. She keeps accusing me of lying whenever there is a mistake on the system, thinking it’s my fault - when most of, if not all of the time, is down to the companies shit system. She likes to blame it on me.
    Her key-phrase is ‘I would appreciate it if you were honest with me’ which she says every time. She won’t let me explain myself.

So I said to her in our meeting ‘and I just want you to stop assuming that I’m lying. If we are going to work together, I need you to trust me.’ Which made her stop in her tracks.
    Then I remembered I have my probation meeting tomorrow with her to find out whether or not I’ve passed...whoops. I’m probably getting fired.
    Felt fucking great though.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021 at 9:57 PM
    LPT, K94, Chezam and 24 others like this.
  14. I always miss the tea damn me napping all the time :(

15. You didn't miss anything worthwhile teebs *eyes emoji*

16. Well... she said she wanted you to be honest with her and you were ddd.

I have the biggest gob and I'm always doing things like this, but I find that in the end most people usually appreciate the bluntness/straight to the point approach.

I hope your meeting goes well!

Chezam, londonrain and Neon Green like this.
  17. The way I've had multiple random people message me on Facebook, including the bar manager of my local, to ask me where they can watch Framing Britney Spears ddd.

"Only gay in the village" teas.

Jamie, LPT, Chezam and 14 others like this.
  18. So, context. The guy, same one who keeps vanishing on me, told me a few weeks ago he was gonna be offline for a while to work on himself so he’d speak to me “when he’s back”. I didn’t doubt at all that he was gonna be offline, he has really put the work to try and better himself in many ways but part of me still thought “yeah he’s not coming back”. When his Snapchat vanished and messages stopped going through a week or two later, I... didn’t breakdown like last time.

I think because deep down I knew it was going to happen, I was prepared.

I’ve been fine until now. I’ve just seen a tonne of our Instagram messages that disappeared when he deleted his account are available to read again when they hadn’t been for ages and... Yeah it’s kinda hurting a lot now.

Haha.

19. Someone told me yesterday in the space of five minutes that gays choose to be gay, because it's in our genes, which are determined by our fathers liking feminine things "like baking cup cakes or gardening", which creates the gay gene.
    [​IMG]

20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Alan Titchmarsh found shaking.

Hudweiser likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.