LGBTQIA+ | Page 1052 | The Popjustice Forum

LGBTQIA+

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Babylon, Aug 15, 2012.

1. I wish Grindr wasn't so insufferable. I kid you not, I messaged 40 guys throughout the course of today (I counted back before writing this) and only 4 messaged me back. 3 of which let the conversation die pretty quickly but will hopefully get back to me tomorrow or something (Probably not) and 1 who I am still making small talk with. But now the day is pretty much over.
    And it's like this regularly. Why's it so hard to just find someone to talk to and MAYBE meet up with them or plan to meet up with them? I don't get it.

ohaimanabu, wodny and Sabrettes like this.
  2. 40?! I don't even think there are 40 gay men in a 100-mile radius here.

Grins, Mr Blonde, Jamie and 8 others like this.
  3. I live in Chicago so there's just a plethora of men who are uninterested in me here.

4. Island

Island Staff Member

It's probably like that for a lot of people in a big city. It's happened to me before. It just is what is is at this point.

5. Yeah but after a year and a half of basically no dates, no hookups, now my roommate has gone back to work so I finally have my place to myself during the day again. I'm just ready for some guys to be, y'know, interested.

Jamie and Andrew.L like this.
  6. Well you still have one you're talking to...

7. Island

Island Staff Member

I mean we're literally playing the same field haha and I feel ya and I get it. I, too, want guys to be interested and bother with wanting to do things and not conveniently forgetting or glossing it over (I'm guilty of that too at times ddd) but considering past experiences and knowing I don't really talk to nor was friends with a lot of boys in general, I'm hardly surprised about the lack of engagement nor am I expecting something to happen. It sucks sometimes, but there's really not a lot I can do about it. Unless I can host. Big maybe though.

I did end up making a really good platonic friend during the lockdown period that I met through Grindr. We've been hanging out every weekend or every other weekend for awhile now and it's always a fun buzzed time.

8. Someone from here sent me a link to some hotness and my supposed week-long no-orgasm plan failed on Day 3

[​IMG]

Jacques, LPT, papatrick and 18 others like this.
  9. Grindr is / does produce worms out of brains, worm brains, wbk. Humans are not supposed to take a bunch of people simultaneously judging, rejecting, accepting, chatting, projecting, scheduling, etc. all at once, much less have exposure to that energy available at the touch of a button.

Grins, LPT, Mr Blonde and 8 others like this.
  10. This also describes my experience with looking for a new job and sending out CVs.

11. You called?

Jamie, Laurence, Stopremix and 5 others like this.
  12. Maybe I am freaking stupid but I think that it is totally up to luck. You have it or you do not. Some of my friends broke up with their partners and then after a few weeks/months they have some new relationships. At first I was jealous and I thought to myself that it would be nice to have someone but my life is not gonna suddenly end if I end up being alone. I have embraced being single.

I am single for more than 7 years right now. Of course I was dating some guys during that time but nothing major happened. I have a nice job, my own flat, lovely family, nice group of friends and I really enjoy my life.

I have tried so many different methods of approaching people and I really cannot recommend the one that works best. The only thing that bothers me so much nowadays that on those dating apps/websites people have some real issues when it comes to starting and maintaining a good conversation. You write a few sentences and that person replies using a few words. It is like a slap in the face. Also if you ask someone how are they so many of them just say that they are bored or they have nothing to do right now.

And remember that if your dating life sucks it does not mean that you suck.

13. Sadly — it ended up not being legit. No extra 600 a week for this queer.

[​IMG]

@Mr.Arroz they follow you on Insta too so if you get any similar messages dddd… know this:

[​IMG]

LPT, K94, Modeblock and 12 others like this.
  14. Sugar daddies being a scam? Pretends to be shocked.

stuaw, LPT, Floppie and 33 others like this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I got one probably around the time that you posted about it! I blocked them from sending any more messages but they can follow me if they so choose~

16. I had a date today and it was amazing. We got pizza and cocktails, walked along the river, then cuddled and kissed in the fields.

16 year old me would be very happy to realise that this could be possible for me!

LPT, Damon, K94 and 29 others like this.
  17. You know, this seems like the right month for it, so here goes: I am officially no longer part of the #StraightLadsOfPopjustice contingent, and probably haven't been for a few years now. I won't go into full detail on what made me realise that, but there have been some things in my life that seemed to make a lot more sense to me upon thinking about it.

I don't really know what my exact label is, sexuality wise, at this point. (I'm 26 years old and didn't even consider the possibility of not being straight for a long time, so there's a lot to work out.) All I know is I was suppressing a lot of things, for pretty stupid reasons really. My parents and sisters know and are cool with it, so I'm glad of that.

Eesh. Never thought I'd get that off my chest, but life is full of surprises.

18. Yaaaas another one in the team kii

I *think* I came out to myself at like... 23? And I still have a lot to unpack six/seven years later dd

Jacques, LPT, Island and 13 others like this.
  19. This is a suprise indeed, but most of all you should be very proud of yourself for saying it to your parents and sisters and posting it here. Respect!

Stopremix, He, londonrain and 3 others like this.
  20. Welcome to the team!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.