LGBTQIA+ | Page 1131 | The Popjustice Forum

LGBTQIA+

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Babylon, Aug 15, 2012.

1. On Instagram I've seen a post from an ex professor where he says 'I don't understand why LGBT pride is celebrated', classifying it as absurd. I feel disappointed for him and for the responses of people citing how 'god' should punish such thing.

It is impressive how people think about things that do not affect or concern them. It's amazing how they continue to use their 'god' as a weapon that they can use at their convenience. This in 2022.

FridayNight, tea, Robert and 9 others like this.
  2. Amazing how someone with a doctorate thinks like that. Must have gone to Trump University.

Txetxu, londonrain and Burzum like this.
  3. He

He

Sadly, scientific/ academic knowledge doesn’t supersede bigotry. Where do you think the justices that overturned Rode v Wade went to school? Elite bigotry is more insidious and harmful than just plain ignorance.

4. Uno

Uno

Got my first injectable PrEP shot today and the nurse said my butt might be sore for a bit. I chuckled and she said “I know that’s not abnormal for you, but I still have to give warning.”

upload_2022-6-28_17-22-17.jpeg

5. Oh my goddd!

FridayNight, Uno, 1986 and 3 others like this.
  6. Honestly I’d be a nurse just so I could read people to filth too ddd

That was a bit of an iconic encounter @Uno <3

7. [​IMG]

Uno, Conan, jbnd05 and 3 others like this.
  8. I got the meningitis booster today! Thank you again to the PJ girlies for letting me know about the recent outbreak.

Conan, londonrain, Stopremix and 2 others like this.
  9. I was in Norwich today so I didn’t go to London Pride today. But on the tube journey back to my flat this evening I saw so many LGBTQ+ South Asians just draped in flags, serving looks and living their authentic truth selves and it made me sooooooo happy to see.

10. I was matching with BuzzFeed and that was probably my biggest takeaway from it. So much love.

11. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I got engaged x

12. Congrats!!!!!

13. Yeah I can’t tell if I just noticed it more because I’m south Asian but regardless it made me heart so happy! I hope you had a great time marching with Buzzfeed!

14. I've been a hypochondriac since my childhood, but since the pandemic, it had definitely got worse until a few months ago, when I decided to actively work on it. My goal was to turn from being a hypochondriac into being just very conscious about my health. I think I've done some great progress, I don't freak out in many situations in which I used to, I can touch food without an anxiety attack, and I've done some medical check-ups to see if everything is fine. Luckily, everything is perfect, and I'm slowly getting used to a less anxious life, which is of course fabulous, but there is one area which is still very much affected by health anxiety, and it is sex. I'm going to put this under a spoiler tag because I'm a shy guy.
    I'm in a long-term monogamous relationship, but I don't know if I should worry about the long-term effects of anal and oral sex. Are there any medical check-ups that are worth doing every now and then? Is there anything I should consider? I would be grateful if somebody could direct me to some websites that could inform me and make me less anxious. It has truly taken a toll on my sex drive and I want to be able to enjoy things without feeling anxiety regarding my health and body.

Uno, Dennis, Future Lover and 2 others like this.
  15. Hoo boy do I feel this. I was completely non-functional because of anxiety in my first year of college. On October 21st I became convinced I had a pulmonary embolism and spent my nights freaking out about it, occasionally walking to the ER to calm myself down. (That was not a cheap habit!) Anyway I happened to discover this board and you guys (well, those of you who have been here for 11 years now!) became my social outlet... even though I was just a lurker without an account for the first 2 years and am still very much just a poser.

Point is, be kind to yourself. Overcoming that health anxiety is fucking hard but when you are making progress, be conscious of that and supportive of yourself. I wish I knew what to tell you about the sex stuff too as I'm very much in that boat, despite all my progress with social and health anxiety, sex and me do not get along and I'm not sure we ever will. Other members with more experience will chime in with some good tips, I'm sure. Take care of yourself.

Disobedience and Uno like this.
  16. Hey! Kudos for getting on top of your health anxiety, can't imagine that was an easy thing to do; the fact that you're making progress is admirable!

When it comes to sex, there are two things that you need to be aware of - sexually transmitted infections and, in rare cases, the weakening of the sphincter muscles if you receive anal sex.

For most STIs, especially if you're in a monogamous relationship, all you need to do is make sure that both you and your partner get tested once every twelve months (because, well, people do cheat), and you'll be fine. That's literally it - get tested and forget about it for the rest of the year :)

Couple of notes:

It is likely that either one or both of you already have HPV (so do the vast majority of people), I wouldn't worry about that. Most strains are completely harmless and for the few that may not be, you can get a free vaccine if you're a queer person under 45 and live in the UK. Look here. You can get vaccinated for Hepatitis B for free too while you're at it.

(Not sure what the situation is in the US, but I'm sure you can google that)

HSV (herpes) is slightly trickier and also, sadly, not routinely tested for, but if neither of you are experiencing any symptoms (genital or peri-anal sores), chances are you're either unaffected, or in a latent phase. Either way - nothing to be concerned about - HSV is not transmissible until it starts shedding, which, in all fairness, is a couple of days before any sores appear, but if you've never had symptoms before, it's highly unlikely it would just spontaneously activate. Try not to worry about it.

Finally, anal prolapse/aggravated haemorrhoids as a result of anal sex are *theoretically* possible, but, and I can't stress this enough, quite rare (especially prolapse). To minimise the risk, always make sure to use a lot of lubricant (we usually recommend water-based lube so that it doesn't break the latex in condoms, but if you're having unprotected sex with a partner, oil-based ones are a lot... smoother), take it easy on the intensity and, if ever in continuous pain/discomfort, take a break. Prolapse and haemorrhoids can happen as a result of many things you can't help (straining when going to the toilet, normal wear and tear, old age), and your sphincter is usually very hardy - so as long as you don't abuse it too much, it'll serve you well and keep its errr... tonus?

There are no negative physiological consequences of being the insertive partner (top) that I can think of.

Don't let horror stories on the internet fool you - sex is awesome and, if you do it even a little bit responsibly, carries no more risk than any other everyday thing people do!

Source: I've worked in sexual health promotion and education for about a decade

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

PrEP appointment today and I think the nurse is enjoying the anal swab too much.

[​IMG]

Chris Lala likes this.
  18. I did my own! Is that not how everyone does it?

michaelhird and Jamie like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.