LGBTQIA+

Grandpa telling stories: In the mid 1990´s the RVT was the most amazing place. I remember friends dragging me there on easter sunday at 2 o'clock IN THE AFTERNOON and to my surprise the place was packed and it was like stepping into the most welcoming, fun (and sexy) party. I´m still in contact with several people from all over the world I met on that day. I have never experienced anything quite like it ever again!

Grandpa telling stories: In the mid 1990´s the RVT was the most amazing place. I remember friends dragging me there on easter sunday at 2 o'clock IN THE AFTERNOON and to my surprise the place was packed and it was like stepping into the most welcoming, fun (and sexy) party. I´m still in contact with several people from all over the world I met on that day. I have never experienced anything quite like it ever again!
You took E

You took E
Actually no. Not then and there. Walking in as The Human League´s Love Action started playing and the whole place losing it while everyone doing the "meeow"-sound effect and then sang along was gossebump-city. The DJs (The Readers Wives) were two guys who were made up like Joanne and Susanne from The League was the icing on the beefy cake.
Also: The quality of E had already gone really bad by the time.

Last edited:
Hot topic as none believer myself growing up with religious mother but recorded Episode 4 with special guest Dawid Lamprecht, where we will discuss his experiences growing up in the church, navigating sexuality within the church system, and finding love and acceptance with God.

As these topics can be a constant battle for many individuals, Dawid's story is sure to resonate with so many people. I have heard from countless individuals who have struggled with their identity as a gay person within the Christian community. The feeling of being seen as an abomination by the church can be incredibly disheartening and loss of hope. It is difficult to reconcile the idea of God's love with the condemnation that some may feel from their religion.

The internal struggle and loss of relationships can be overwhelming, leading to feelings of despair and thoughts of suicide. The sentiment of this episode is that ultimately it is crucial for believers to find a place of love for themselves and their faith, and Dawids story can provide hope and inspiration.

Inland Empire

Staff member
he/she/they
Okay put a finger down if you've ever been taken home by a guy you met through a mutual friend who felt like he was ripped directly from your wildest dreams on literal Pride Night and didn't even have sex but just literally slept together and it was the most peaceful and beautiful night you've ever had and you both agreed it was really nice and wanted to see each other again but the next date felt borderline uncanny for how absent the connection from before was and on the way home he admits that he's just not that into you in the cold light of day but still wants to be your friend so you figure it's not too shabby a deal but as time goes on your mental health rapidly deteriorates and it causes you to depend entirely too much on those around you including people who barely know you and this guy, seemingly realising how insane you are, stops replying and unfollows you on Letterboxd which plunges you further still into the depths of despair and self-loathing and did I mention this has all happened in the span of three weeks which you recognise is not normal at all and makes you feel even more insane and unloveable but you really don't wanna feel like the Glenn Close/Martha Scott of the situation so you resolve to absolutely never contact this guy in any way for the foreseeable and to your credit start seeking therapy and support options which really do start turning the tide against your mental anguish but because you literally met this guy through a close mutual friend and everyone knows everyone on campus you're gonna be seeing him around and in people's stories for at least another year and just the sight of his face makes you overwhelmed with thoughts of what could have been if you'd just been better at regulating your emotions and/or sought professional help sooner and every now and then you're just overcome with profound shame at how unhinged and toxic you feel even though you always try very hard not to hurt anyone and the whole thing just makes you feel like you don't have the skills or emotional intelligence to even exist as an adult human being and also The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do

Okay put a finger down if you've ever been taken home by a guy you met through a mutual friend who felt like he was ripped directly from your wildest dreams on literal Pride Night and didn't even have sex but just literally slept together and it was the most peaceful and beautiful night you've ever had and you both agreed it was really nice and wanted to see each other again but the next date felt borderline uncanny for how absent the connection from before was and on the way home he admits that he's just not that into you in the cold light of day but still wants to be your friend so you figure it's not too shabby a deal but as time goes on your mental health rapidly deteriorates and it causes you to depend entirely too much on those around you including people who barely know you and this guy, seemingly realising how insane you are, stops replying and unfollows you on Letterboxd which plunges you further still into the depths of despair and self-loathing and did I mention this has all happened in the span of three weeks which you recognise is not normal at all and makes you feel even more insane and unloveable but you really don't wanna feel like the Glenn Close/Martha Scott of the situation so you resolve to absolutely never contact this guy in any way for the foreseeable and to your credit start seeking therapy and support options which really do start turning the tide against your mental anguish but because you literally met this guy through a close mutual friend and everyone knows everyone on campus you're gonna be seeing him around and in people's stories for at least another year and just the sight of his face makes you overwhelmed with thoughts of what could have been if you'd just been better at regulating your emotions and/or sought professional help sooner and every now and then you're just overcome with profound shame at how unhinged and toxic you feel even though you always try very hard not to hurt anyone and the whole thing just makes you feel like you don't have the skills or emotional intelligence to even exist as an adult human being and also The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do

This has happened to everyone, do not feel bad. Love x

he/him/basic cishomo
Ooooof flashbacks to my tendency to become obsessed with guys who barely knew me in high school, and again with my big old relationship that was draining but that I crave every day still I'm sorry. Time! Time smooths shit over. Not much of a consolation i know but it's inevitable.

Literally I think everyone goes through this at some point, even though it might feel like you're the only one to ever feel this sort of thing. It's absolutely brutal but it's a learning curve.

The key is to realise that sometimes those amazing sparks are just that – really nice and fun and precious, but temporary! Sometimes the vibe just catches ever so on a perfect night, and it's impossible to recreate again. It's like doing a drug and never quite getting the same high. I've met people on nights out I was convinced I would marry because the entire thing was intoxicating, and in the cold light of day just.. wasn't the right frequency. The melancholy that follows that is, I think, something only queer people can relate to and it's why it's such a common trope in LGBTQI+ coming of age films.

But the good news is there's also people out there where that spark sticks and you both feel it, long term. The key is to just fill your time up with other things ASAP – the worst thing you can do is be sitting around and letting your mind wander back onto this guy. Appreciate the moment where it happened, but also appreciate that your life was totally fine before him and will be fine after him.

Listening to Billie Eilish's new album and its sapphic themes. I'm happy that the reference points are there for young females figuring themselves out, but I also feel sad for my young bi self who had no reference points whatsoever and decided that that aspect of myself could never be discussed at all, ever.

he/him
Listening to Billie Eilish's new album and its sapphic themes. I'm happy that the reference points are there for young females figuring themselves out, but I also feel sad for my young bi self who had no reference points whatsoever and decided that that aspect of myself could never be discussed at all, ever.
This is how I feel a lot about my youth and the representation I saw. Gay men especially were the butt of the joke most of the time or they were the hypersexualised buff men. I see young queers now dressing how they want, expressing themselves in ways that weren't possible for me and, while I'm ecstatic that that's an option for them now, it does make me mourn my loss of not being able to do the same.

I mean, good for them and on one hand it's great to see more LGBTQ+ families in the media, but I just can't help but eye roll anytime I see a typically attractive, rich, (mostly white) gay man who'd this big coming out story and about how difficult it was to be 'straight' more or less find an alternate version of himself and get married and start a family. It's so rare in this community and I think stories like this make people outside of it believe that it's easy, and our lives follow the same path as theirs when it really doesn't.

(Not to mention the awful stories of him stalking his former girlfriends, but that's not relevant to my point.)