LGBTQIA+

What's everybody's thoughts on nature vs. nurture?

I agree with phoenix, in that it's at worst a red herring or/and perhaps a bit of both. What REALLY gets me going is this whole "Born this way" argument* which instantly pathologises someone's sexuality, not unlike a genetic medical condition. People get so worked up about it ala what existed before the Big Bang. Surely there are much bigger issues out there worthy of our energy?!?

*Yes, I think otherwise I think Gaga has had many terrific hits. Most (if not all) of which featured on The Fame/Monster.

[video=youtube;Bd3gw3caSEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd3gw3caSEk[/video]

I was all ready to hate on this, but ohhhhhhhhhhhh they are soooo cute!

The dude in the orange, the blond and the beautiful guy with the Xmas jumper on <3 !

'Like a grilled cheese sandwich'
- ha ha!!!!

May I also say in regards to the whole nature vs. nurture discussion of the past page, it annoys me when people think that a lack of masculine role models or whatever would affect sexuality. The whole idea of homosexuality intrinsically being linked with femininity annoys me.

This has ALWAYS bemused me since I was very little. I see it in a completely different way and I understand this is a minority view. I have never had any interest in girls or women, the make-up and fashion and perfume and all that shit they do to attract straight men seems so alien to me. I don't understand how that is attractive to guys.

Being gay has always struck me, personally, as the height of masculinity. There is no woman involved for god's sake! I'm attracted to natural male beauty. There is nothing more masculine in my book.

The first 3 guys are hot. I can't bear that guy in the xmas jumper, wikedykewl or whatever his name is on youtube. He's SCREAMING.

EDIT: I've just realised it's HIS video.

I've decided that the best part of coming out was finally being able to sing I Kissed A Girl at the top of my lungs to a room full of sober, unbothered spectators.

May I also say in regards to the whole nature vs. nurture discussion of the past page, it annoys me when people think that a lack of masculine role models or whatever would affect sexuality. The whole idea of homosexuality intrinsically being linked with femininity annoys me. Saying that, I'm not masculine AT ALL.

Definitely agree.

My nurture-supporting friend is not at all camp or feminine, but wouldn't class himself as straight-acting. I think he places a lot of this 'experience' in the all-boys boarding school he went to. That said, he's not at all uptight about it, just doesn't agree with the genetic argument and is a psychotherapist (and thus difficult to debate with at times).