LGBTQIA+ | Page 863 | The Popjustice Forum

LGBTQIA+

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Babylon, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Why are 18-year-olds so damn pushy on dating apps? You are barely older than my youngest sibling, and I’ve told you no. Leave my dusty bones alone.

Not to mention, I feel like half these kids are lying about their age in the first place. I worry for them!

2. Do y'ever get that thing where straight people kinda internally seethe when they hear how you went to a concert or had a big weekend out and they reply with something like: "Oh I wish I had time for things like that but Megan just learned to use the toilet, so, y'know..." They try to push the narrative that what they're doing is somehow more important for the future of the world than having a good time here and now. My sister lives off these guilt coupons.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    OspreyQueen, Mr Blonde, LPT and 27 others like this.
  3. I got a "I can't believe you don't want me" when I politely declined a picture-less guy in this age group recently.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    LPT, Music Is Life, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  4. And when I politely decline saying you’re too young for me, the response is always, “So?”

Worms. Stop trying to sleep with 30+ year olds, teenagers.

5. I try to see the compliment, until the day one inevitably tells me they want to realise their grandpa fantasy.

LPT, Red Coat, Music Is Life and 11 others like this.
  6. If only someone had told my slutty teenage ass that.

munro, Music Is Life, Island and 2 others like this.
  7. BTG

BTG

Shout out to the woman on the radio this morning asking if it breaks guidelines to have sex with her boyfriend inside or outside during lockdown, as she’s craving it after 10 weeks.

[​IMG]

Mr Blonde, LPT, Grins and 34 others like this.
  8. LTG

LTG

Outdoors sex is outside the guidelines but within the actual regulations. Whereas going to someone’s house for a hookup is now illegal.

However, there’s an exception for trips to people’s houses if it’s for work...

Sam, lushLuck, Andrew.L and 1 other person like this.
  9. Dogging 3: The Revenge

lushLuck and michaelhird like this.
  10. What everyone needs right now:

[​IMG]

Alenko, xondus and lushLuck like this.
  11. This post broke my heart, I wouldn't care if someone was single for 20 or 30 years. It says nothing abut their potential as a partner maybe they just don't settle for less or have been unlucky or just never wanted to date etc. Do people really judge things like that? My god that's awful, I've been single for ages I've had dates and whatever but haven't had a boyfriend in years and I'm fine with it I didn't think future partners would see that as some sort of achilles heel or flaw, Maybe that's why so many people seem to lie or boast about having fantastic sex when they are not having any? I never understood that but if people are judging the single folk it makes sense to me now.

LPT, Mr.Arroz, AlmostFamous and 17 others like this.
  12. Camila & Shawn <3

13. That looks like Seattle because Gay City is where I get tested!

14. Island

Island Staff Member

Pushing Daisies <3

15. Im 29, bitch. Now get dressed were going power walking

[​IMG]

16. I know we've moved away from it, but the age/development/etc. conversation was really eye-opening to me. Most of y'all know I'm pretty young compared to the rest of this forum - my 20th birthday is July 30th - and I sometimes worry about what going into my 20s will mean for me. Just using the kids stuff as an example - last year my sister - who turned 23 in May - started actively trying to get pregnant with her boyfriend cause she wanted a kid, and start being a mom and all that stuff. She succeeded, and is due in July. I'm really excited to be an uncle and everything, but I also can't wrap my head around the fact that my sister is already having a kid, and settling down, she has a steady job, she's about buy a house. Like, I'm happy for her, but I also feel like there's so much more she could be doing right now besides "settling down". Especially knowing everything she could end up missing out on because of it. Even though I know it's not something she's worried about, and it's what she wants - she found someone she loves, she has a job she's passionate about, and she's ready to have a kid.So I feel like that comes more from my own fears of what will be expected of me in my 20s, and what I feel like my other friends might end up doing. I've made it clear that I wanna wait a long time -at least 10 years, probably more - to have kids, but at the same time, I've been trying to plan a career trajectory for myself since starting college, that has been thrown slightly off track by several things, most recently the pandemic, and I've been coming to terms that I don't need to 100% follow that plan, cause I don't need to have my life figured out by the time I'm 25. Yes, I still want a job, and want to move out and live alone and be an adult, but I think I've decided I don't want it to be on the same terms everyone else my age makes those decisions by. And even though my plan was based in actively pursuing what it is I wanna do, I don't feel like I have to get there as soon as possible anymore, because I feel like I'm not going to be ready by the time I was planning on getting there. So I'm just going to recycle that plan and focus on what I want to do in the near future rather then where I hope to be a few years from now.
    Something else I was afraid of that was discussed was seeing how dispassionate my parents, and especially my dad is about most things. I get overly excited about new books, movie plots, and upcoming music, and my dad tends to say stuff like he wishes he was able to do that, or he admires it about me. So I'm scared that as I get older, I'll lose that excitement and passion I have for these things that are considered trivial by most people. And I'm scared that as I get older people - friends, my family, whoever - will say that I need to be "more mature" or "act like an adult" and not get excited about this stuff. But the convo in here reassured me that I won't have to do that, and the forum in general tells me I'll always get excited about new music. So thanks y'all.
    The last 18-year-old I talked with and eventually went on a date with left me at the mall after we saw a movie. And he admitted to me earlier that he joined Grindr when he was young - like 15 or 16 - and I just felt flabbergasted by it.

I can't completely judge him though, cause I definitely went looking for perspective boyfriends on MeetMe when I was a young teen, under the impression it was an all-ages app, and got more then I bargained for.
    Also, thanks for talking about that book, because I had it as a potential on my To-Read list, but won't bother now.

And HAPPY PRIDE MONTH everybody!

17. I think navigating "our 20s" (and probably "our 30s", "our 40s", and so on...) is always going to be a rocky road, especially as queer people, but also a natural part of... growing up, I guess. You start understanding that these massive checkpoints that society has told us we're supposed to achieve at certain ages are just not real (even though their pressures on us are very real). Deconstructing them is, understandably, a big source of anxiety for all of us - I'm 27 and I still have these fears and voices in my head telling me that I haven't achieved anything, or that by now I should have "this and that". And I will probably always have them.

We model our youth based on idealistic expectations that don't take into account our personal life experiences and, specifically in our case, they are very heteronormative. We also compare ourselves to our peers and friends, which is completely normal, but I think we have to be compassionate with ourselves and understand that all of us have had different roads that lead us to our current selves, while also having different life objectives. I actually like to compare this idea with... The Sims. You know how when you designed them they had different aspirations, right? Your Sim might've wanted to form a family, some wanted to find love, some wanted success in their jobs, or maybe even money. So, when my little sister (24) got married last year, and is currently trying to get pregnant (while I'm not even thinking of settling down), I have to understand that those are her aspirations and not project them into me.

Another thing I've learned is that truly no one knows how to "be an adult". It's somewhat of a myth and, most of all, a work in progress. I think the younger generations keep dismantling more and more these idyllic expectations of what it should be (and one could argue that these expectations are what caused the loss of this joy and passion in our parents you were talking about), all while working to get us to be more free and just enjoy growing up and living.

Of course, all of this is easier said, and our anxieties will be there, but that's why friends and communities are so important, right? So we can explore what living and growing up is together.

18. Also look how messy the hetties get when they hit their 40s. Midlife crisis WHOMST?! When a lot of them realize they spent their 20s and 30s chasing goals and dreams that weren't theirs and try to overcompensate for that. Gays I know in their 40s might dye their hair blonde or go crazy in Mykonos but I don't see the same frantic existential crises.

In conclusion, we're better off.

19. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.