LGBTQIA+ | Page 974 | The Popjustice Forum

LGBTQIA+

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Babylon, Aug 15, 2012.

1. On the topic of young homosexuale musical tastes, I remember this time in 6th grade when we were asked to share "fun facts" about ourselves. I proudly declared that my favorite album was Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill", and got some funny looks from my small-conservative-town classmates.

Then there was the time when my douchebag brother decided to tell everyone about my Spice Girls and Ace of Base cassettes for some cheap laughs. That was a fun junior high experience.

Laurence, Chezam, tea and 3 others like this.
  2. I have really enjoyed reading everybody's stories about this. Reminds me of when I was like 14-15 and was so determined to fit in with my hetero friends that I pretended to like heavy metal. Put myself through some horrific concerts and even bloody Download festival (dreadful din). Just for it all to be undone when my brand new iPhone 4 pocket-dialled PRIMADONNA GURRRRL, YEAH! during registration. Memories...

joe_alouder, j267, Rob and 18 others like this.
  3. I also had to hide my music tastes, especially from my parents. It honestly left me a tad traumatized because I still do not talk about it with anyone and went through a relationship without ever telling him I stanned Britney. It's just sad.

Heartthrob, Chezam, tea and 4 others like this.
  4. I used to do lip-syncs to the Spice Girls in front of my parents

[​IMG]

Lapras, spaceship, andru and 55 others like this.
  5. The first CD I ever actually owned was Brit's debut, given to me as an Easter gift by my parents.

So I think they had their suspicions.

spaceship, LPT, Heartthrob and 5 others like this.
  6. What was everyone's earliest 'wait I'm a cig' memory?

Mine was being 3 or 4 in nursery school (?) right before the Christmas holidays and seeing a pyramid of yellow toy track boxes for the boys and one with boxes of dolls (wearing spanish dressed like the La Isla Bonita one dd) and being aware I was getting the truck but trying to come up for a scam to get the latter.

7. I was about the same age--I think preschool and nursery school are the same thing?--and was basically the only boy who wanted to play house with the girls. Which is kinda funny, actually. Practicing heteronormative relationships solidly confirmed I was "not like the other boys!"

Vasilios, spaceship, andru and 9 others like this.
  8. I'm late to the trauma bonding, but y'all made me remember the time I used Britney's Get Naked for an English project in 11th grade. The girls couldn't take!!

LPT, dvno, Overdose and 27 others like this.
  9. Waring sign was when I begged my parents to buy me toy kitchen set (pink) for my birthday gift.

Revelation came through when me and two of my friends had... a time while bathing together on 6th grade camping trip.

upload_2021-1-9_10-26-7.gif upload_2021-1-9_10-26-7.gif

dvno, tea, Kuhleezi and 2 others like this.
  10. Tea though. When everyone called me a f*g in 9th grade and I wore black for a whole week in rebellion!!!

LPT, dvno, nikkysan and 7 others like this.
  11. He

He

My gay uncle would dress me up and I would perform Madonna or Nina Hagen from his album collection! Literal baby's first drag.

Borderline and Prima Nina in Ekstasy were my favorites.

spaceship, LPT, Heartthrob and 26 others like this.
  12. Doing things like frolicking over to the girls on the playground and jumping into their skipping rope ddd

andru, HolyWater, Chezam and 4 others like this.
  13. Being emo was iconic. Me telling my friends I stan Marilyn Manson then promptly suggesting them The Dope Show music video teas.

nikkysan, j267, HolyWater and 4 others like this.
  14. The accuracy of that gif. I’d tape performances on VHS and learn/teach the official choreography to all my cousins and we’d put on performances for our family. Yikes.

I also remember taking my parents boom box and Madonna’s The Immaculate Collection cd and dancing to Like A Virgin in front of my INCREDIBLY religious, denim skirt wearing babysitter who didn’t even own a TV. She nearly died at that very moment.

[​IMG]

andru, dvno, Overdose and 12 others like this.
  15. The gay agenda at work!

16. ok we need videos

Chezam, tea, Music Is Death and 2 others like this.
  17. I think I was about the same age I believe. I was into what was considered a lot of boys toys however I would play with my sisters Barbie that would make a kiss sound when you pressed the button on the back and she had the Barbie RV and corvette and I loved My Little Pony.

I also used to put on my sisters robe and spin around pretending I was Dorothy stuck in the tornado and throw myself on the couch and pretend I just woke up in Oz. If that didn’t confirm it I don’t know what would of.

andru, Rob, HolyWater and 10 others like this.
  18. I remember in primary school that I liked to queue behind one particular lad in my class for PE because I liked to touch his silky gym shorts.

LPT, Burzum, Laurence and 7 others like this.
  19. Iconic. So cute.

Music Is Death and suitechicguy like this.
  20. He

He

Let me look for the betamax tapes.

Laurence, tea, FridayNight and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.