Liam Payne - LP1 (a terrible pop album, but very effective contraception!) | Page 181 | The Popjustice Forum

Liam Payne - LP1 (a terrible pop album, but very effective contraception!)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MarlonBrando86, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Will he be silently dropped? Or has he enough streams to sustain another shot once this mess is all over with.

2. And won't Strip That Down streams go towards this? It'll get a decent first week, and then plummet like a rock.
    I think they'll give him a chance at one more single before ultimately giving him the boot, but he needs to start finding other avenues if he wants to play the long game. Louis has the hosting, and Zayn has the Insta modeling - Liam needs to find something to throw his naked energy into.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  3. I'm surprised he got a Hugo Boss gig. I feel as though he's turned them into high street chav mode.

4. But no one is streaming that anymore, so it won't make any difference to his first week sales?

lushLuck likes this.
  5. He'd be perfect for reality TV. He has the personality for Love Island/Geordie Shore.

6. I don't feel like Liam has impacted Hugo Boss' reputation all that much. It's an underwear campaign; it needed to appeal to the widest audience.
    I thought that underwear modelling was his other avenue.

7. I love a backhanded compliment.

Kuhleezi, Wishlight, Vixen and 2 others like this.
  8. If he can keep that going, then sure.
    Well then there's no hope.

Robsolete likes this.
  9. Does he have poor vision? I noticed he squints a lot in his “modelling” photos

10. I just think that he watched Zoolander one too many times.

11. I love my new wallpaper.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

He'll be on Strictly next year watch this space xx

Andrew.L, andru and lushLuck like this.
  13. I mean, that would be a smart move. He has a high enough profile to do Dancing With The Stars - either would be a good way to keep his name out there. And then a single launch on the heels of that before the inevitable hosting gigs.

2014 likes this.

14. I'm shocked he has 5 bonus tracks (2 for Target and 3 for Japan) - must be a last ditch effort for sales. A bit bloated debut with 22 tracks total.

15. Shocked he hasn't offered a signed nude with each purchase. I still wouldn't buy it.

I would.

16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

22 tracks???? I’m going to have to split this album into 5 mini groups to get through it.

myblood, Lila, stuaw and 3 others like this.
  17. I remember when Bedroom Floor and Get Low had me thinking this was going to bops central...how wrong I was.

jawow_ likes this.
  18. Can't believe I'm going to force myself to listen to this because I thirsted for him during his thicker days.

Laurence and lushLuck like this.
  19. But why do you want to get through it sis?

stuaw likes this.
  20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Because I feel obligated as a former 1d fan to compare all their debuts. As least Liam has a competent voice. I’m not sure I can bring myself to listen to Louis.

Kuhleezi, Wishlight, Lila and 13 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.