Liam Payne - LP1 (a terrible pop album, but very effective contraception!) | Page 183 | The Popjustice Forum

Liam Payne - LP1 (a terrible pop album, but very effective contraception!)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MarlonBrando86, Jan 10, 2016.

1. This part literally sent me ddd
    "The simmering Both Ways, about a woman who loves threesomes, finds him and her “sharing that body like it’s our last meal”, like cheetahs at a carcass. "

2. That review cracked me up!

'The thrumming Rude Hours finds him inviting a lady to a “parking lot”. “Might be a bad idea,” he admits, “I’ll probably do your ass in the car.”'

‘Probably.’

…and ‘The simmering Both Ways, about a woman who loves threesomes, finds him and her “sharing that body like it’s our last meal”, like cheetahs at a carcass.’

Weirdly makes me want to give the album aa spin though!

OlliMaus, Verandi and No hay banda like this.
  3. I think I felt a little sick coming up listening to Rude Hours.

4Roses, Kuhleezi, Wishlight and 4 others like this.
  4. Rob

Rob

5. “Stack It Up is halfway between a 2003 50 Cent single and the Tory manifesto:”
    [​IMG]

4Roses, papatrick, Mr.Arroz and 52 others like this.
  6. The fact I bopped to “Live Forever” on the NMF playlist

[​IMG]

matthew., Rob and Bslg17 like this.
  7. Both Ways is such an awful song. Fetishization of bi girls in songs (by male artists) needs to stop.

papatrick, Mr.Arroz, Crisp X and 11 others like this.
  8. It’s, BAD... I started to struggle halfway through track 2. He’s trying too hard to be urban

9. Liam Payne wrote a song about cottaging?

10. I listened to it thinking it can't be worse or more cringy than the crap we already heard from him but my God, it is... Its so lame on so many levels, its downright embarrassing how much he tries to be Usher, I mean, imagine him singing it live, trying to be all cool. Does he even his audience? I doubt any of his fans thought "Oh, I want Liam to sing me some juvenile sex songs".

kingbm likes this.
  11. All of this has led to me finally purchasing Icarus Falls, so thanks Liam.

12. [​IMG]

ohnostalgia likes this.
  13. I am going to give his album a try, hopefully I don't feel revolting after listening to it...

Edit: The lyrics are so bad like Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods album, except that had better production.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  14. When even 1 star seems too generous.

15. That is actually a pretty good album, the only problem is that it is too long and it has a couple of duds. But what Liam is doing is just... sad. I don't know how he thinks this is even decent, I would be embarrassed to release this. I just couldn't finish it, I listened most of the tracks for about a minute.

16. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

How does he manage to make every song sound dated by about 3 years?

4Roses, Crisp X, Kuhleezi and 24 others like this.
  17. I listened to some previews and sounds like one long auto tuned mess.....

stoicist and kingbm like this.
  18. I love the fact the last song is called I'm So Tired..., what about the people who have to sit through this whole album?

4Roses, Burzum, Mr.Arroz and 30 others like this.
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

My colleague played this and Camila’s album one after the other and at least this has bops. Bad bops but still. Also his voice is painfully bland, he sounds like a completely different person on every other song.

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  20. Liam's lyrics make him sound like he's stuck in the past, so I'm not surprised the production sounds dated too. It's such a shame that he's wasted what I think is an otherwise decent voice (read: tone) on this garbage.

Subwaykid and Laurence like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.