Liam Payne - LP1 (a terrible pop album, but very effective contraception!) | Page 217 | The Popjustice Forum

Liam Payne - LP1 (a terrible pop album, but very effective contraception!)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MarlonBrando86, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Strong

teas.

2. fixed it.

djmakemewet likes this.
  3. What he (and his team) don’t get is that the album flopping itself isn’t (now) the embarrassment. It’s the dodgy spin on how ‘well’ it’s done. The public aren’t stupid. They should just own the poor start and try and come at it in the new year with a new strategy. Unfortunately using streaming stats from prior singles to make an album appear successful is probs now the norm.

4. My life.

mcuk, enjoy, OlliMaus and 4 others like this.
  5. It might have 2.5 million streams of the individual tracks. So adding up the singles and the plays of the album tracks. But it won't have 2.5 million sales from that?

6. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

The math people conjure up in the streaming era never fails to amuse me.

7. It’s...
    2.5 million individual song streams (not album sales) over 17 songs including 7 already released singles.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. I kind of feel sorry for him even if the album is terrible, must be very humiliating to be doing so badly at the same time a former bandmate is doing so well.

9. Surely he has to be dropped after this and his recording career over? If it were a female artist that bombed this hard, they'd be gone just like that.

Leopold likes this.

10. He's... far from a nice human being.

11. I dont have much of an opinion on him as a person as I dont know much about him to judge. He's always been a bit of a blank canvas.

12. There’s literally a thread full of evidence of what a dickhead he is right here.

13. Well excuse me if I dont visit this thread much...

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  14. No need for the attitude, it was more to say that if you just read through you could see why we all don’t feel sorry for him.

15. He's a straight white man from one of the biggest bands of the century, so I think he'll probably get another throw of the dice.

I'm sure the label can bust out a classic_crooner_swing_instrumentals.zip file and push him at the mums and Michael Buble market pretty easily.

16. All his former band members are doing better than him, except Louis Tomlinson since he hasn't got an album out yet.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  17. But were they separate transactions tough? He would need it.

18. I assume it crashed out of the Top 200 then?

19. Liam when the label told him he sold 2.5 million albums
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.