Liam Payne - LP1 (a terrible pop album, but very effective contraception!) | Page 221 | The Popjustice Forum

Liam Payne - LP1 (a terrible pop album, but very effective contraception!)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MarlonBrando86, Jan 10, 2016.

1. He goes out with an Ariana Grande tribute.

pondeforehead and Sprockrooster like this.
  2. Randy Lee Ryan has admitted bedding Blue pal Duncan James — saying: “We did
    some crazy s***. I love him to bits.”

The bandmates experimented sexually while sharing a flat and are still
    extremely close today.

A friend of the pair said: “Lee has an incredibly intense relationship with
    Duncan. He feels he is the only person in the world who truly understands
    him.

“They love each other and it’s true they’ve been intimate over the years.
    They’re completely comfortable with each other and still go on holidays
    together.”

Lee, 30, had always hidden his bisexuality. But on Big Brother this week, he
    said: “Yeah I’ve been with a man. Everyone’s done experimentational s***.
    I’m a well-travelled person.”

3. I think it’s always nice and refreshing for men to be open about experimentation.

It’s always socially acceptable for women but never men which is a direct result of toxic masculinity.

I’m not necessarily a Lee Ryan fan but I appreciate him being so open and equally not letting it be anything negative.

4. Indeed. We're getting a bit off track but the point of my original quip is that appearances can be massively deceiving, especially when dealing with young pop stars.

5. Well I’ll be sure to let the forum know when Liam claps my cheeks.

6. That’s what Duncan said...

I’m so sorry....

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

biT off-topic girlies xx

8. So - Liam.

What could have been done differently?
    Better images? Better music? Better single order? A nose job? Haircut?

9. RMK

RMK

I think his looks are more than fine.

SunshineConcubine likes this.
  10. I probably would've bypassed the whole First Time - EP and dropped LP1 shortly after "Familiar" or maybe shortly after "For You." Waiting until Q4 2019 was such a mistake.

Also, I probably would've leaned more into the Mert & Marcus black and white aesthetic of his Hugo Boss campaign and given his social media to a social media manager so we could've avoided the cringe that was the "Payne Chain," etc.

Leopold, Robbietoxic and lushLuck like this.
  11. This about sums it up. The album came long after any buzz had worn off. An earlier release would have led to more sales, some likelihood of a small tour to create tour bundles, and potentially prevented some of the more problematic tracks to have been recorded.

Also, the initial image he was going for seemed to destroy any interest. The Hugo Boss slacks & sweater tees would have gone down much better than the initial faux-Bieberisms.

blaze_dave, Drew, Secret and 2 others like this.
  12. I don't understand what his styling team and A&R were thinking at the time. Just because Bieber was inactive at the time didn't mean that the world was asking for a Poundland Bieber to take his place. And if Bieber had to be his moodboard, he should've leaned more into the Bloodpop bops off Purpose.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    junkos and lushLuck like this.
  13. I mean, the world isn’t even asking for Bieber anymore, so a knockoff certainly wasn’t going to go anywhere in this day & age.

junkos and elektroxx like this.
  14. His collab with Alesso came on shuffle on my Release Radar on Spotify. Can we talk about now the visuals for the song are just his underwear ad?

[​IMG]

15. For those who care, Strip That Down is now 2x Platinum in the UK.

Burzum and lushLuck like this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. It was just one of the most cringe, try-hard releases I've seen in a long time. It didn't feel natural or fit him at all.

The Strip That Down performances still make me scream though so at least there's that!

18. Best thing to come out of this album run was the Hugo Boss campaign.

19. Yes.

lushLuck likes this.
  20. Do you know what would've been better? If the Hugo Boss campaign had happened without the terrible album.

DoggySwami likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.