Liberty x - X

no it's not - i can't remember where i heard it though. It was a pointless re-release anyway, to include 'a night to remember', which was dire. It was an attempt to ship a few more albums, it would've bombed if it had been released.

They should stop trying to be something else other than a boy/girl group and start banging out some good ole fashioned pop tunes again!

S

Steve

poptastic said:
no it's not - i can't remember where i heard it though. It was a pointless re-release anyway, to include 'a night to remember', which was dire. It was an attempt to ship a few more albums, it would've bombed if it had been released.

Tony told fans at G-A-Y that the re-release would probably be cancelled. I can't believe they tried to label it a "special edition" when it just contained one additional song!

I would love Michelle to have try at a solo career and then for it to fail...
She must be able to sing, because she was in the final 10 on Popstars. So why does she just do the speaking parts...?

S

Steve

sifr said:
Remember that period when every single Universal album carried a "Special Edition" sticker, like some fuckwit at the factory had ordered about 8 million of them and they just had to put them on anything, regardless of any bonus tracks or extras.

It really does seem like the end is nearing for the group, doesn't it? Bugger. Well, must begin hoarding all my pics and clips of Jessica now, before all the fansites disappear from the net...

They still do - it's because the albums are "Special UK Editions" - they have bonus tracks that the USA and Europe do not, to try and stop us from purchasing cheaper imported editions (and therefore stop retailers from selling the cheaper imported ones).

Michelle went on their forum a few hours ago and said:
"I was very disappointed to read that some of you think this may be the end or even worse, wish it was the end of Liberty X. As you all know, "X" did not do as well as we all hoped it would. But there is a real bad state of the pop industry right now. Take Robbie, Sugababes and Duncan James, for example, their chart position was only slightly better then ours, but you wouldn't write their careers off, so don't with us.

We have absolutely no intention of spliting up or one of us going solo, etc. We are all very strong people and love each other so much that this is far from the end.

We are in talks right now to release a single very, very soon and have something up our sleeves later this year, which you will hear about in good time. We have many many gigs up and down the country all year which I hope to see you all at. Also, want to say huge thank you to all who came to G-A-Y on sat night, it was such an amazing gig. Love you.

Once again, we are not spliting up or losing our record deal, and unless one of us comes on here and says so, do not think otherwise. Thank you all for your support over the last few years, lets all believe in Liberty X enough to have more successful years.

Sorry I can not answer your personal messages; in a big rush into town to pick a wedding dress... how exciting!"

S

Steve

dreamfish said:
Clearly a rush wedding on the way then?

I think it's always been planned for this summer - I think that's one of the things to be shown in the "Totally Scott Lee" season two, or whatever it's being called now!

Steve said:
dreamfish said:
Clearly a rush wedding on the way then?

I think it's always been planned for this summer - I think that's one of the things to be shown in the "Totally Scott Lee" season two, or whatever it's being called now!

Jesus, I love Lisa, but she should not do another TSL :(

As for Liberty X, we probably won't hear from them again for a few months, until we hear of a "mutual decision" of them splitting with their label. If not, it'll come by the end of the week.

I didn't buy the album (and it would appear I'm not alone in making that decision) but even with that having most of thier old hits on I would be tempted to buy a GH, so there is still potential for the company to flog one of them.

Michelle posted a message on their board, and they are NOT SPLITTING UP NOR DROPPED...

Hi all,

I posted a message but for some reason dont think it went on forum. But if it appers read that one, but i'll repeat myself on this message now>

I was very disspointed to read that some of you think this may be the end or even worse, wish it was the end of liberty x.

As you all know X did not do as well as we all hoped it would be. But there is a real bad state of the pop industry right now. Take robbie, sugar babes and Duncan james for example, their chart position was only slightly better then ours, but you woulldnt right their carear's off, so dont with us.

We have absolutely no intention of spliting up or one of us going solo etc,
We are all very strong people and love each other so much that this is far from the end.

We are in talks right now to release a single very very soon and have something up our sleves later this year which you will hear about in good time. We have many many gigs up and down the country all year which i hope to see you all at.

Also want to say huge thank you to all who came to GAY on sat night, it was such an amazing gig. Love you.

Once again, we are not spliting up or loosing our record deal, and unless one of us comes on here and says so, do not think either.

Thank you all for your support overe the last few years, lets all beleive in liberty x enough to have more successful years.

Sorry i can not answer your personal messages, in a big rush into town to pick a wedding dress...how exciting.

LOve you michelle x x xx

S

Steve

I posted that just a few paragraphs up, correcting her grammatical errors and misspellings!

Michelle mentions in her post that Robbie and Sugababes also charted low, they did, but their songs have come from multi platinum selling albums and does she think it's up to her whether they're dropped or not?

S

Steve

Unlike Sugababes and Robbie though, Liberty X are on a small record label, called Unique Corp. They hardly have any other living acts left on their roster, so I doubt they'd drop Liberty X, especially as they have now established a link with Virgin/EMI to help fund and distribute their records.