Liberty X | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Liberty X

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by tylerc, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Phew.

rav4boy, tylerc and saturdays20 like this.
  2. I know Hear'Say sold what they sold but Michelle must have been so pleased with herself to have dodged both those bullets.

Island, Musiquelover64, Mvnl and 4 others like this.
  3. Island

Island Staff Member

Michelle is iconic.

4. I really need their B-Sides and remixes on digital platforms.

5. I finally got around to watching their DVD for the first time. Little production value, but they have a live band and live vocals and it all sounds great! Great to see so many album tracks from the first album and they all popped off live.

Chris_P, 4Roses, Blue6010 and 6 others like this.
  6. Kevin's voice was (and still is) just fantastic. I remember this from back in the day but never really noticed how many very young kids were in the audience, which is a bit odd, as I always felt the marketing for Liberty X was a bit more mature.

Robert, Leopold and actorandlyricist like this.
  7. There was a demo doing the rounds back then, called Electric Blue. A decent electropop number.

Robert and saturdays20 like this.
  8. Still one of my favourite aesthetics. They were serving.

9. Kelli was always the anchor for me but it helped that all five members had memorable tones. I genuinely love Michelle's dd.

Txetxu, Mr.Arroz, singabob and 3 others like this.
  10. Michelle’s spoken word bits in Being Nobody are some of the finest sounds ever recorded as far as I’m concerned.

Txetxu, Blue6010, Mr.Arroz and 12 others like this.
  11. 100%, the highlight of the song.

I also love the fact she is the only one to reference both “Being Boiled” (“okay, ready? Let’s do it”) and “Ain’t Nobody” (the middle-8).

12. Finally got around to uploading Everything to YouTube, this was a cassette only B-Side from the Got To Have Your Love release.
    Enjoy!

Island, Vasilios, Whisky87 and 14 others like this.
  13. I really wish we’d get an official release featuring HQ versions of all their B-sides. They were very often even better than the single. I remember eating this up!

thanks for uploading them.

Iggypig and Robert like this.
  14. What a great little song! They really need to digitise the 3 cassette exclusive songs, you've essentially got a double album with all the Thinking It Over era songs.

Txetxu, Nephilim, POPGASM and 2 others like this.
  15. In the Netherlands we didn’t get CD1 and CD2 (and cassettes stopped being sold when Liberty X started releasing here), so we got a regular 2 track for GTHYL, featuring the main track and Good Love, But then most singles would also get a Maxi release featuring everything the 2-track had plus a selection of whatever was on the UK CD1 and 2.
    The GTHYL maxi almost felt like a mini album and to this day remains one of my fav releases by them, with Get With You being my fav track.

Txetxu, Iggypig and cleggar like this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

When/what is their performance of Rockin' Robin from?

17. @Dark Ballet I feel like that would make for a nice release. I know I'd jump on it!

Robert and actorandlyricist like this.
  18. EastEnders Christmas Party 2003

Mvnl likes this.
  19. What I would do for a full b-side collection from them. So many are brilliant and those 4 not-available-on-CD are my holy grail reissue.

20. It’s on the list.

Txetxu, will82, Island and 12 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.