Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. She's likely going to lose the record sooner rather than later anyway. Hoping on an Old Town Road remix at least lets her weave herself back into the narrative of the 'winner'. Mariah helps Lil Nas X secure another week at #1/Mariah helps new artist break her previous record is a good headline.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. With the industry being as ageist as it is, it doesn't really get any better than this, narrative-wise.

3. Sam Smith is quaking.

4. Ok we only need two more weeks. JUMP ON THIS REMIX MARIAH.

Also this means that the Bad Guy remix has been defeated for now.

5. Who previously held the record?

6. Elton John.

slaybellz likes this.
  7. Mariah and Elton jumping on the remix though
    [​IMG]

8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Another one in the casket!

9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Mariah hopping on a remix of a song that's going to break her record so she's still apart of the record and achieving her 19th #1 single and put her in the Three Decade Club would be the most Mariah Carey thing she could do.

I need it.

10. The Bad Guy remix affects NEXT weeks chart aka the record-tying week.

Verandi likes this.
  11. Mess I had the impression it had been out for a week already.

vendredi likes this.
  12. It sure feels like it.

Sadly his streaming is also falling a lot, just like radio is dropping it.

He will get that 16th week but that 17th week, without another BIG remix or something, it's going to probably fall to Bad Guy the week after.

slaybellz likes this.
  13. Aren't these things done in, like, a day? Mariah records, Dropboxes it to them, and whoop, surprise drop tomorrow. It's not like mastering is done with care these days.

14. Plus it is only like a 2mins song so shouldn't be that hard to mix with Mariah's vocals. I so hope this happens!

15. Shoot a quick video at a Country bar with Mimi in a cowboy hat and drop it same day. Get extra streams!

Sprockrooster likes this.
  16. I can’t believe it’s One Sweet Day that holds the record. If it was Fantasy, Honey or even Emotions I would be all for Mariah keeping it, but One Sweet Day.. Lil Nas can have the record.

superultra and Verandi like this.
  17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Shut up.

One Sweet Day DEFINES contemporary 90's R&B. It's like a time capsule of nostalgia and warmth.

18. Whenever y'all hussies come for One Legendary Day, I swear. The vocal prowess alone makes it worthy of every single week it spent at the top.
    Looooooord, I KNOW when I laAaaAay me down to sleeEEeep
    YoooOOooOOoou will always listEN as I PRAAAAAAAAAY
    [​IMG]

19. I've only heard One Sweet Day about twice in my life and listening to it now...meh. OTR can take the record.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.