Lil Nas X - Montero | Page 137 | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Montero

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. I am just so fucking overjoyed to be living through the ascendancy and mainstream acceptance of a gay black man being so visibly queer. What a video, what a song, what a popstar.

tea, RainOnFire, nbtsa and 16 others like this.
  2. Void is fucking gorgeous.

3. So the first half of the album is great, but the run from Lost In The Citadel to Am I Dreaming honestly killed me. What a run of songs.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  4. Don’t forget!

5. Can he please drop CDs at the very least with these as alternate covers so I can buy them all

6. Still in the process of digesting everything but I have to say right off the bat - he’s a bonafide superstar. The way he’s not just opening doors but kicking them down is absolutely incredible. The amount of effort that goes into every single detail is pretty much unmatched right now, there really isn’t anyone doing it like him. The amount of bravery and conviction I imagine it takes to so boldly and unapologetically be himself when people come after him in the most vile ways day after day is such a triumph. Everything from the promo, to the videos, to the music and to the performances is immaculate. I feel lucky to get to see the history being made right now.

I can definitely see the absolute juggernaut of an imperial phase coming with this era and he deserves every bit of it.

7. Halfway and this knocks. Loving the amount of 00s emo rock vibes kinda permeating through. I’ve appreciated Lil Nas since he arrived but was never obsessed with the music. I’m context it all clicks for me.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  8. To people who like the album I'd suggest going back to the 7 EP, it's also very good. I'm saying this cause I know people probably dismissed it due to Old Town Road being everywhere.

9. Couldn't have said it better myself! I had a smile on my face watching the new video. Can't wait to get home from work to give the album a listen!

10. The two doctors also being the two guys that produced the album is making me scream.

11. Orange likes this.
  12. DONT WANT IT is it.

DinahLee likes this.
  13. Alexis Petridis is the reviewer, scourge of big pop girls everywhere.

drewsky, Wishlight, Bobbyrae and 2 others like this.
  14. This was the perfect campaign rollout. I mean I just finished The Montero Show and this was basically his own SNL spot and then video/album premiere. I haven't even commented on the comedic timing and it was all HIM? Oh WOW THE TALENT.

And then that video for That's What I Want which was initially hilarious, then erotic and then he got me emotional at the end?

I need to buy the album on all formats. All of these feelings and I haven't even listened to the album yet?

KING IS ON FIYAH. There is no other. I stan forever.

15. BTG

BTG

“Can’t call me stupid with this big ol’ fucking forehead”

I cackled.

superultra, tea, timothy_b and 15 others like this.
  16. THAT'S WHAT I WANT giving Hey Ya but also Waiting by Girls Aloud. Ugh a song.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.