Lil Nas X - Montero | Page 143 | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Montero

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. With the irony being that this album has so many textures of peak Kanye production and versatility circa 2000s.

2. Sadly it has already started by insecure rappers

Makes me appreciate Kid Cudi’s endorsement the other day even more.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    GLC, tea, Music Is Death and 23 others like this.
  3. I mean, are they ignoring this though? You don't get the kind of streaming stats and zeitgeist defining hits like he has without having at least some straight men consuming your music.

Yes, there is overt homophobia he is encountering, particularly within the hip hop community, but I think his commercial viability across broad demographics has been proven over the last 12 months.

4. He had a big first day on streaming, landing 5 songs in the US Spotify top 10:

1) Industry Baby
    2) That's What I Want
    6) Montero
    7) Scoop
    9) Dolla Sign Slime

Most of the album placed within the top 30.

On the Global Spotify chart, he has 3 songs in the top 10:

2) Industry Baby
    3) That's What I Want
    4) Montero

A smash!

5. These grown ass men are JEALOUS and shaking fjdjbd

6. I cannot believe how incredible this album AND his success are - had someone told little 15 year old gay me all those years ago that this would one day be possible I would not have believed it .. He’s just the most incredible trailblazer and his incredible success is a joy to behold

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  7. That’s great but I need Tales of Dominica to sneak in the top 10. It’s perfect.

Jonathan27, Dreampopboy and aux like this.
  8. I’m hoping Industry Baby might be able snatch number 1 on Billboard next week such a bop .

I have to admit as well now Jack Harlow ate his verse .

9. It was a bizarre choice to not use the extended MONTERO as the opening track. It’s superior in every single way.

10. Sorry to be that person but I'm curious about where people are with the album's individual songs a day or two in
    Top tier:
    "INDUSTRY BABY"
    "LOST IN THE CITADEL"
    "VOID"
    "TALES OF DOMINICA"
    "MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)"

Excellent:
    "DEAD RIGHT NOW"
    "THAT'S WHAT I WANT"
    "SUN GOES DOWN"
    "SCOOP"
    "LIFE AFTER SALEM"

Good:
    "AM I DREAMING"
    "ONE OF ME"
    "DOLLAR SIGN SLIME"
    "DON'T WANT IT"

11. Miley, Doja and Megan? Iconic.

lushLuck likes this.
  12. This is sick

13. Here's an interview roundup from the last couple days for anyone who hasn't caught them

14. INDUSTRY BABY broke the record for international song with the most streams in a day in Brazil with nearly 900,000 streams.

15. Ok but we need the people to stream Thats What I Want the most as it needs to be #1.

tea, Music Is Death, Jacques and 26 others like this.
  16. Scream. I don’t know if he can do this since it’s on the EP, but I’d live for the stunt

17. Fingers crossed Scoop is gonna be made into a single eventually!

RainOnFire and Steve003 like this.
  18. Do it king! Add Holiday too.

19. Whew. There are no duds on this album for me. No gimmicky or novelty tracks, a nice blend of genres. He really put the versatile in vers bottom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.