Lil Nas X - Montero | Page 145 | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Montero

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Especially considering Drake and Kanye released weeks ago. The heterosexual agenda strikes again!

VivaForever and spaceship like this.
  2. There not being any physicals on release week feels like a bit of a misfire in such an otherwise immaculately run campaign. I get that he's a streaming artist, but surely there are a ton of people who would have happily bought a Montero CD/vinyl if it was available. Maybe they're being saved for the deluxe, but either way I hope he announces something soon.

3. Production delays might have been an issue on the physicals but if that’s the case let’s throw the preorder up already and I’ll happily wait.

4. But not even CDs were done, just seems odd as they would have sold out big time.

5. I can’t put into words how much joy this album and Lil Nas X bring to me. We are watching the culture shift to his daring stare as he refuses to back down or tone down. As hot as that scene in What I Want is, it honestly makes me emotional. It’s more explicit than just about any major movies gay sex scenes while nested into a reality too many of us have faced. He’s a legend!

6. I love how this album is sequenced. It feels like a complete narrative, with an arc and everything.

7. I love my new iPhone wallpaper.

8. Yeah, it would have been cool to have the main cover and then 3 alternates up on his store. I know it’s been about three years, but even the 7 EP had a CD release.

9. Yeah, even if vinyl wasn't an option, a CD with a foldout with the artwork repeating on one side and enlarged on the other would have been great. I don't get it.

10. No CDs (which are cheap to manufacture and also super quick) seems like such a misfire especially when he could've done multiple covers / bundles. They probably thought streaming would be enough or eyes are on the deluxe week? Deserves to hit No 1 - as do the last two singles.

11. Traditionally, rap artists don't sell many physicals, guess that's why they didn't do CDs/vinys but don't think Lil Nas X qualifies as a traditional rap artist. Luckily for him this is a very weak week in terms of new releases, barely no competition, so I'm sure he can grab the #1 on streams + downloads alone even without a physical.

Jacques, Wishlight, slaybellz and 3 others like this.
  12. I like to think it must be leading to the deluxe being released and hopefully when he will mention physicals, as I am sure many people would just buy it.

13. agree with every single word !

14. I want him to perform at the Super Bowl halftime show’

Music Is Death, tea, iRyan and 12 others like this.
  15. Wishlight, lutz and Coolrockgirl like this.
  16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It's going to be so frustrating if he misses #1, especially with those numbers.

Anyway I know Sun Goes Down technically wasn't an official single, but Montero/Sun Goes Down/Industry Baby/That's What I Want is such a killer singles run, and I really hope we get Scoop next to make it perfect.

17. In love with this album, currently can’t stop listening to That’s What I Want and Lost In The Citadel.

18. I can't stop thinking about the doors he's opened for future mainstream queer artists. It's so exciting knowing there are a generation of popstars still to come who are going to be utterly fearless because of him.

And the fact all of this came from a black hip-hop artist? I don't know a braver person.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.