Lil Nas X - Montero | Page 161 | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Montero

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. I think he’s just smart, he knows not to oversaturate and is probably laying low until the next single/deluxe is announced.

2. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I really hope they're just waiting for the other singles to die down before releasing Scoop and things aren't quiet because they're moving onto the deluxe next. Yes we're in the streaming age blah blah but I feel like it'd be such an easy smash even if it's a post-album single.

3. I could see the extended version of “Scoop” that he’s hinted at being a crossover into the deluxe

4. Scoop has been my go-to bop lately. If it’s not a single, I’ll riot.

5. RMK

RMK

Scoop has always felt beneath the potential of the artists involved. I’m here for moving forward with the deluxe, if the silence is leading up to that.

Sleepycat likes this.
  6. Honestly, I am always hoping breaks from SM from anyone means they are taking care of their mental health!

7. What I Want is going viral on TikTok with a dance challenge so it'd be nice if that gets a nice little boost on streaming right as it's peaking on radio (currently #8 on radio and growing).

8. Lemme give the album a spin this week, would love to give That's What I Want its deserved time in the sun. The video remains iconic in the truest sense of the word, the condom shot alone is legend material

Rei Ayanami and spaceship like this.
  9. With “That’s What I Want” going #1 on Pop Radio, Montero joins an absolutely iconic list of albums with three (or more) Pop Radio #1s

10. ... plus Revival and Purpose.

2014, Wishlight, lushLuck and 20 others like this.
  11. I hope he’s okay! I feel like he had a very big 2021 and it must have been draining. Taking a bit of a break was definitely a good move. Especially with That’s What I Want carrying itself over the last few months. I think Scoop is waiting to smash and I’m sure he has a deluxe on the way too. Fingers crossed we can get a vinyl too.

Wishlight, 4Roses, R92 and 9 others like this.
  12. King hasn't said a word in ages and Industry Baby is still top 10 on Spotify, with That's What I Want moving up to #16 today. I hope it's gratifying for him that he can sit back and let the quality he created carry itself. Taking a step back is definitely a good idea both for his own mental health and to let the GP crave some new content / music from him. I can't wait to see what he does next.

13. Scoop is literally such a smash in waiting, I hope it finds its moment.

Milotic, slaybellz and VertigoStick like this.
  14. Here comes the smasha!

15. Seeing updates like always makes me impressed at how absolutely glacial the US charts are. A song by a huge artist that's been out for nearly half a year, somehow only peaking now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.