Lil Nas X - Montero | Page 174 | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Montero

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. It's a Kanye reference:

2. Hmm. I don't know. It feels a little half baked to me or maybe a little cheap sounding. There's much stronger material left on Montero.

Duppe likes this.
  3. Omg the video is genius.

4. I can’t tell if this is really good or if it is a misstep.

5. Yea, this is a fun bop but there was stuff left on Montero that deserved a push over this. I do see how they'd be worried about pushing another Doja single this summer, though, consider she has her own solo song in the top 10 on radio (Get Into It) + her Post Malone collab and the Elvis single both climbing streaming.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  6. The song is trash nn. It brings me back to the dark days of Holiday. Scoop and Lost in the Citadel were right there!

7. Trying to make the BET thing a meme along with it also feels... tired. Definitely his first missfire, which is a shame because as mentioned the album has songs calling out for music videos.

8. I don't know what y'all are hearing. This is a major bop!

9. I don't hear what y'all are hearing. This absolutely slaps! The video is hilarious. I love it.

The fuck BET parts aren't even heavy handed, it's literally just in two small parts of the song. Not seeing the problem here.

10. And it's catchy as hell dd sorry!

11. This is FUN! I haven’t laughed out loud at. Pop song in a long time but of course Lil Nas X got me with his bathroom humor dd Given how raw and personal Montero is, I’m happy to see him having fun and trashing the homophobes while he’s at it. Doesn’t sound like a Top 10 smash but hopefully can hold up over the summer of Bey

SageCommeUneImage and GimmeWork like this.
  12. Right?! Sis, I'm over here slappin on replay with no end in sight. This feels as big as Industry Baby to me.

slaybellz likes this.
  13. I don't hear BET at all, I hear BT and it sounds like he's complaining about his internet connection.

Rob and spaceship like this.
  14. I love the video, even though it gives me peak lockdown vibes dd. But yeah the song is super catchy. I don’t consider this a miss, but it also doesn’t sound like a lead to me.

15. It’s a cute girl, something for summer to hold us over… mwah. Montero deserved better.

16. This would be the worst song on the album if it was on Montero.

Uno, RMK, aaronhansome and 11 others like this.
  17. Thats what I meant; I rather have another Montero single than this.

18. Ok we can lay off Jack a bit now …

Sprockrooster, GimmeWork, Sam and 8 others like this.
  19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Is he asking for another round of Budweiser? Kaboom!

spaceship likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.