Lil Nas X - Montero | Page 90 | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Montero

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. More like the programmers and DJs are the homophobic husbands of that lady.

2. He's giving Purple Rain teas in the Ugg campaign, but damn if their Pride shoe line isn't an act of homophobia
    [​IMG]

3. No that's C7osure his other emo banger.

Joe. and Daniel! like this.
  4. This post smells.

5. Love "Sun Goes Down", nice change of pace

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  6. Oh I love this. It's a nice chill emo bop, and I love his voice.

7. What a beautiful song. I’m surprised it’s the follow up to Montero but hoping he can nab a cute hit with this one too.

It’s time for an album announcement though.

8. K94

K94

Another homerun which would sound even better in the context of an album. Again, it could do with another 2 mins added; but it's still stunning and obviously means quite a lot to him.

9. Sam

Sam

This is so devastating in the best way. I just want to drown in the vocal production

10. As the authority on songs about suns going down... I love this. It's beautiful.

11. I can’t stop playing this. Incredible.

12. Sun Goes Down is absolutely lovely.

13. This is an instant favorite. Both the video and the lyrics hit hard, and the full package showcases his versatility in a way that makes me even more excited to learn what else he has in store for the album.

slaybellz, tea, POPGASM and 8 others like this.
  14. This is so gorgeous. The lyrics are fucking me up, especially the one about strangers making you feel loved.

15. This is an unexpectedly brutal listen. I find the tactic of this following Montero quite interesting, I don’t think this is the song to further push into the album but I really welcome the light and shade he’s shared. I think he emotes it all very well in a style that is becoming all his own.

Though I do feel the track length feels noticeably like it wanted to be longer, Montero fit it’s short length nicely but this would have hurt even more with a another burst.

Wishlight, Jonathan27, tea and 9 others like this.
  16. I just love how he's the gay kid singing about gay kid stuff to put it simply. It's a nice evolution from 'Raise Your Glass you Beautiful Disasters *throws glitter*' and that sort of queer pop message that came before.

17. It currently has the biggest gain on Pop radio. Give it a couple weeks, it'll move into the top 10. It's at #17 right now.

Conan, nbtsa, blaze_dave and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.