Lil Nas X - Montero | Page 99 | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Montero

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. We do not deserve him. What a king. What a joy for us and all LGBTIQA+ people.
    The performance was incredible. He tweets and collects the poor existence of haters.
    I am so proud of him.

4Roses, Wishlight, superultra and 8 others like this.
  2. He's making history and this is so important. My heart is so full.

3. I FUCKING LOVE HIM.
    And I'm thirsting after literally every single man on that stage dddd.

4. I love how open and vulnerable he is with the world. It's reassuring to know even our cultural trailblazers get the nerves too

Slice of Life, nbtsa, LPT and 35 others like this.
  5. Swoon at the BET performance.

6. Not the Marvel Studios intro nn

4Roses, Sam, Attis and 8 others like this.
  7. Given that failing to be seen as sufficiently masculine and hetero can and often does have lethal effects for many of us, I'm inclined to extend these black gay folks a bit of empathy. I just wish they'd seek therapy and work their mess out, because seeing a young gay black man bravely do what they were denied should inspire them, not cause fear and shame.

8. ‘Coming Soon’ ddd just give us the date king!

Attis, Wishlight, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  9. That album trailer just gave me full body CHILLS, woo!

spaceship likes this.
  10. He is going to do big numbers? Isn't he?

spaceship likes this.
  11. RMK

RMK

I'd imagine similar to Doja, if not a little more pending on hype, and features.

BrokenHearts likes this.
  12. I would like to see it ....

14. I've been thinking it's especially important how he's challenging these expectations while also backing up his creative decisions with his social media presence. Years ago if anyone dared something like this (the Adam Lambert reference a few pages back being a prime example) the conversation that followed would be steered by mainstream media/pop culture and it would stifle any concrete progress in an effort to maintain some sense of conformity. With the way social media presence has evolved celebrities have a lot of influence over how the conversation goes, and it's fucking inspiring how he's chosen to stay casual and conversational but also vulnerable and resolute against pushback with his work so far. I can't imagine how much it means to kids who have seen it and seen him being unapologetic about his decisions.

15. This randomly popped onto my Twitter timeline and it made me angry just watching it.

16. Lil Nas X proving that hip hop remains the productively most subversive genre even in spite of all the oppressive garbage that so many rappers put out. I don't think people would be so fucking pressed about Lil Nas X if he wasn't a rapper.

Sprockrooster and slaybellz like this.
  17. The double standard Adam got was bullshit and unfair. Although all the controversy about it seems to have made people forget that it was a shit performance for a garbage song, so at least one good thing came out of it. His debut had several really good songs. I don't know why they picked that one.

lushLuck and Shuey like this.
  18. The drag at the end took me OUT but people are actually asking LNX to do that? Seek help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.