Lil Nas X - NASARATI 2 (Mixtape) + 2nd Album

Going for the religious imagery/outrage again feels a bit... reductive at this point, honestly. But I'm excited to hear what this sounds like. It just seems weirdly predictable after using the satanic imagery on the last album. Like, it should be shocking, but it isn't at all. Conservatives will lose their minds, though.

All of the songs he's given snippets of the past ~year have sounded like absolute bangers, so I am happy to deal with the clownery if it means we will finally get to listen to them in full.

he/him
Going for the religious imagery/outrage again feels a bit... reductive at this point, honestly. But I'm excited to hear what this sounds like. It just seems weirdly predictable after using the satanic imagery on the last album. Like, it should be shocking, but it isn't at all. Conservatives will lose their minds, though.

I mean, he’s been talking about god and making gospel music for the last few months so naturally this was the way it was always going to go dd

Anyway

I just want the material to be as strong as Industry Baby and Thats What I Want, cuz while those songs had epic videos they were also undeniable bops. I remember some of the stuff he previewed sounding great so I'm not too worried. But the shock jock thing will sour fast if the material isn't great. If your whole brand is riling up conservatives that's fine, but give the people who actually like you something to enjoy listening to.

Religion is just as much Nas Maraj’s thing as it is Madonna’s or Ethel Cain’s. So yeah I just don’t see how this is a serious negative criticism on a pop forum. If the music is good, who gives a shit.

This!

I'm really not about to complain about Lil Nas X, a known button-pusher, when a lot of mainstream pop right now is so painfully formulaic. Unless he samples a '90s dance track, then it's over.