Lil Nas X - Old Town Road + 7 [EP] | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road + 7 [EP]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Lil Nas X is an alleged ex Nicki Minaj stan turned hip hop artist, who charted on the Billboard Country Chart with his single "Old Town Road".

After Billboard removed it from their chart, for not being "country" enough, he got Billy Ray Cyrus to feature on it and the song is now projected to hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

What do ya'll think? Does this slap or does it slap?

2. Dddd I was literally just about to start this thread.

I bop. It should be on the country charts. You can't tell me it's substantially more not-country than this:

3. This is was fun for about 2 listens and now I'm more than okay with never hearing it again.

4. The fact a Nicki Minaj fan is about to get a number one single before her I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_

Uno, Meathook, nbtsa and 45 others like this.
  5. Him denying he ever had a stan account is a bigger kii

6. He literally used to be known as "Nas Maraj" lsakjdaslk. His tweets were always on my damn timeline.

We live in the weirdest timeline.

Meathook, Tabris, Rob and 15 others like this.
  7. Wait

So he’s a sis? Yas queer talent!

Can’t wait for Lil Roman’s Billboard #1

8. Honestly...iconic.

Rem, Alenko, Slice of Life and 6 others like this.
  9. I heard this no less than 10 times out last night. Massive.

Saycsar Fleurima and slaybellz like this.
  10. 2018 was wild but 2019 is just something else.

11. Billy Ray Cyrus is going to be #1 on Billboard and Bubbly's in the Fridge has gone international? Whew the simulation

Runawaywithme, stuaw, Rob and 11 others like this.
  12. I'm petty and don't want Billboard to include Billy Rae in the listing for the messery.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    FINISH LINE, RainOnFire and TRAVVV like this.
  13. While there definitely is racism at play, this clearly isn't a country song. The production is pure 2019 trap'n'b. Just because he's singing about tractors and wranglers doesn't make him a bumpkin.

That being said, I bop.

MmmDani likes this.
  14. I don't think it's that country either but if Taylor Swift's pure pop songs can be included then so should this. If they're being this critical then a lot of songs on there should be pulled off actually. Same goes for all those white artists that dominate the R&B and Hip Hop charts with their urban lite pop songs.

I'm all for this honestly, cause i'm tired of white artists infiltrating every genre but black artists only being relegated to Rap and R&B.

15. Nawt Billy Ray giving Macy Gray a run for her money in the Geodude vocals department.

16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I just keep thinking like... could Lil Nas X not have used any other country artist than fucking Billy Ray Cyrus

[​IMG]

Miley will never let us hear the end of this

17. Yeah, I have quite mixed feelings about the addition of BRC. It's weird because the song honestly didn't need a feature to have a shot at being a #1 when it was rising just fine on its own, and I feel like it's unlikely Billboard will allow the song in the country charts now that it features the presence of a white person, lest that expose them as actively racist instead of just passively.

I like what the original song represents when it comes to the intersection of country music and black culture, and how it feels like it could be some catalyst for a less white Country music landscape, all while being something so irreverent and fun. The remix I fear pushes it from novel to novelty.

18. Bebe's impact! No but seriously "Meant To Be" ain't that country either and she won't let us forget that it topped the country charts for 50 weeks or whatever.

19. Were country stations playing it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.