Lil Nas X - Old Town Road + 7 [EP] | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road + 7 [EP]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by slaybellz, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Uh oh.

(Run, Nas, run)

Meathook, Wishlight, TRAVVV and 11 others like this.
  2. Best reaction:

3. Pissing off bigoted ytes one song at a time

4. Trick all the straight people into streaming Old Town Road then come out as gay so anyone who doesn't like him anymore is exposed as an irrational homophobe.
    What a strategic king.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  5. K94

K94

The only barb we accept periodt.

6. Also tricking homophobic straight guys into shouting “I’m gonna ride till I can’t no more” for months, only to realize that he might not have been talking about horses.

7. Not him also waiting until the end of pride month and avoiding being roped into pride promo deals.
    His mind.

8. As I said to the good sis @munro I feel his importance to young black queer kids is far greater than 1-2 misinformed tweets from when he was 14. I’m sure he knows better know.

I keep thinking of the movie Moonlight and the hell young queer black kids go through at school and in their circles.

I know I’m reaching but if one or two kids have it just a little better because of Lil Nas or some kids hold on till better things come along because of Nas, it’s great.

9. Not a whole tagification, Lil Nas X is not the hill I would like to die on. I don't really like his music so I'll just hush and let the boy have his shine as I understand what him being so massive means in terms of representation for young black gays.

The fact he can jump between genres, especially genres that aren't usually as accepting, is amazing. It's just not for me I guess.

10. We stan a queer genre-defying icon!

FREE XONE

11. We stan this LGBTQ+ prince.

12. So happy for his coming out! From twitter stan to chart-topper to LGBTQ+ idol. Now that's what we call a reinvention.

13. It's such a kii knowing that all of my cousin's homophobic conservative ass friends in Lubbock were stanning and bopping to this song when I visited for her graduation. It was everywhere and it just makes me love him more.

My scamming King of Pop said'T I will lay claim to these crackers' coins
    Fuck Southern frat country bro lives, black queer excellence is skinny!

14. Can we take a minute to appreciate the guitar riff in F9mily? I just found out it's produced by Travis Barker from blink-182. I am stanning.

Laurence likes this.
  15. A 20 year old out gay black man has this huge hit on the Billboard Hot 100.
    Happy Pride, indeed.

I really hope he is still recieved well because I just think it is so fucking awesome he isn't going to hide who he is just to maybe not scare the homophobes from buying his music.

K94, junglefish, QueenB and 3 others like this.
  16. The opening verse of "Rodeo" (with the "call you later on, baby girl" line) is even more jarring and puzzling now. Maybe he was planning on staying in the closet for much longer? Still a good song, though.

17. Bisexuality and pansexuality have entered the chat.

18. Maybe he's bi?

Lost Boy likes this.
  19. My bad. Everyone was calling him gay specifically so I presumed there was more info out there, but I see it's just that single tweet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.