Lily Allen - 5th Album | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Lily Allen - 5th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Mar 12, 2019.

1. I was bracing myself for this, it's a shame when this album has been ready to go since before the pandemic, but I suppose it's something to beg her for down the line.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  2. What was it?

3. Lily’s signed up to be the lead actress in a new comedy for Sky, ‘Dreamland’ written by Sharon Horgan.

sinner likes this.
  4. So no new music on the horizon... That sucks

GimmeWork likes this.
  5. Sam

Sam

6. Oh wow. Lily didn't sound very good here at all. Wonder if there's a chest infection due to the chest holding?

Either way, great to see Lily back on stage. Bring on the next album!

neinzedd and bonnieetclyde like this.
  7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She sounded fine? The chest holding could equally be her reaction to the reception she got.

Sam, LykkeLi and Robert like this.
  8. Lovely to see her get such a nice reception!

She said on Instagram it was emotional for her to perform with someone her kids love so much, which is sweet.

nbtsa, Sam, GimmeWork and 9 others like this.
  9. I still really don't get the interest in Olivia as an artist. She seems really... dull to me. Anyway, nice to see Lily on stage. I agree, she didn't sound that good at the start but seemed to get better as it went on. Plus, it's hardly the best song to showcase vocals.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    LykkeLi and neinzedd like this.
  10. As someone who was in the audience, I lost my absolute mind when Lily walked out. The crowd reception was so energetic and she was flowing. So proud to see her the glastonbury stage again.

nbtsa, Juango, BubblegumBoy and 17 others like this.
  11. The fact that Olivia was like literally 5 when the song came out. Wild!

nbtsa, GimmeWork, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  12. Ugh…

TRAVVV, nbtsa, GimmeWork and 3 others like this.
  13. I was watching that High School Musical show on Disney+ thinking "wow, the lead actress sure is the weakest link, why did they cast her?". Imagine my surprise when I finally put two and two together.

But props to her for performing this song and bringing Lily on stage!

14. [​IMG]
    Lily Allen, Freema Agyeman to Star in Sky Original Comedy ‘Dreamland’

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/lily-allen-freema-agyeman-dreamland-sky-1235317676/

2014, sinner and andru like this.
  15. That's incredible news yet I can't help but feel a tiny bit bittersweet about it - it once again gets us further from any potential music.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.