Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mvnl

Staff member
I wouldn't really like I Could Say as a single cause I feel like I know that song for ages... Same as with I Don't Know/The Fear.. those songs for me belong in spring 2008..

Numerology said:
I'm shocked at the amount of critisism is being levelled at Lily for choosing to do a country video, it's clearly what the song was designed for and it'll obviously have her trademark humour...what's not to like?

The song.
And the album.

aethyrsprite said:
Numerology said:
I'm shocked at the amount of critisism is being levelled at Lily for choosing to do a country video, it's clearly what the song was designed for and it'll obviously have her trademark humour...what's not to like?

The song.
And the album.

I disagree with you on the majority of accounts, and when it comes to the album it's not a matter of personal taste, you are just wrong.

If anyone still purchases Q magazine anymore (and I shall this time around), she's going to be on the cover of the next issue. With a black panther.

I want to know the details of her "secret" myspace concert in Sydney already so I know what day I have to go start lining up from lunchtime!

Numerology said:
aethyrsprite said:
Numerology said:

The song.
And the album.

I disagree with you on the majority or accounts, and when it comes to the album it's not a matter of personal taste, you are just wrong.

It's just personal taste. But it would be nice if there was some clarity as to what is "wrong" with the record.

M

MOP

On all accounts you are so very wrong, aethyrsprite, SO VERY WRONG. This album is almost perfect.

Disappointed with the choice for second single and the video, but I'll keep my mouth shut from now on until its release. It's always the promo that makes it real and consequently, completely different.

In Denial? said:
I have 'Him' on repeat at the moment.

It's very good

It is indeed :) the lyrics are cool too, an interesting theme, surprised no one else has done it before. Mind you though, suppose some religious people could be offended by the insinuation that God's been done for tax evasion lol

jakeandlisahall said:
In Denial? said:

It's very good

It is indeed  the lyrics are cool too, an interesting theme, surprised no one else has done it before. Mind you though, suppose some religious people could be offended by the insinuation that God's been done for tax evasion I laugh out loud at this because it is so hilarious

The first mainstream pop son that springs to mind is How Do You Do which was on Shakira's Oral Fixation album and caused a bit of a stir because it questioned God's existence leading it to be cut from the album in certain countries

P.S. Number one with The Fear for the fourth week running, WOOP!

IMHO said:
jakeandlisahall said:
In Denial? said:

It's very good

It is indeed the lyrics are cool too, an interesting theme, surprised no one else has done it before. Mind you though, suppose some religious people could be offended by the insinuation that God's been done for tax evasion I laugh out loud at this because it is so hilarious

The first mainstream pop son that springs to mind is How Do You Do which was on Shakira's Oral Fixation album and caused a bit of a stir because it questioned God's existence leading it to be cut from the album in certain countries

are you all too young to remember joan osborne's dire "one of us"?

Never Gonna Happen is amazing, as is Chinese. They're the songs that I'm playing the most at the moment, as well as Kabul Shit of course.

superpopelectro said:
IMHO said:
jakeandlisahall said:
In Denial? said:

It's very good

It is indeed the lyrics are cool too, an interesting theme, surprised no one else has done it before. Mind you though, suppose some religious people could be offended by the insinuation that God's been done for tax evasion I laugh out loud at this because it is so hilarious

are you all too young to remember joan osborne's dire "one of us"?

Savage Garden covered that one, and also had a similarly themed B-side " I'll Bet He Was Cool". Admittedly, Him is quite a bit poppier than the above two, but it's not really anything new.

jakeandlisahall said:
I love this song; this and "Back to the Start" are my two faves on the album
it's really different to "The Fear" in terms of style and lyrics.

I love Back To The Start soooo much!

Matt said:
A preview of the what the video will look like...

14jox1l.jpg

She posted it on her twitter.

For some reason I'm imagining Betty Boo singing Hangover when I look at this picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.