Lily Allen - No Shame | Page 101 | The Popjustice Forum

Lily Allen - No Shame

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by MYCAL, Apr 22, 2015.

1. I never got to listen to Lily properly. Sheezus had a few good songs and I wasn't really into her older stuff. But this whole album is genius. I hoped it would be since Higher is becoming my favorite track of hers.

Lapras and Rafa_el like this.
  2. P**** M***** is kicking off at her again on Twitter. What a tedious prick.

flowersandu and Deconstruct like this.
  3. I thought you meant Post Malone for a hot sec

Island, mcuk, Red Coat and 3 others like this.

4. She nailed it on the head in her interview with NME recently.

“I think they like to make an example out of me because I like to spark conversation, and that’s scary for those people. They want to control what people think. They don’t want people making their minds up for themselves. And the things I like to talk about outside of music are the things that are usually talked about by middle-aged white men in crap suits on the news,” she explained.

“So when someone who’s younger and relatable is talking about those things in a language people can understand, that’s threatening for them, I think.”

5. He’s such a piece of shit, that cannot be stressed enough.

6. Sam

Sam

me whenever I see Piers or Murdoch or Trump's names

[​IMG]

7. I still haven't listened to this with my full attention but I suppose I'll get into it more with time. Glad that so many of you were hooked on the first listen though.

8. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Late to the party because I only got around to listening to this today, but yeah, it's amazing. Come On Then is like, of all things, a lost True Romance track. And I'm obsessed with it.

I also really like Everything To Feel Something and My One, which I feel like I wouldn't care for if it was by literally anyone else but she makes it work.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  9. Your Choice is such a BOP!

What You Waiting For is proof that depressive dancehall can exist.

My One is joyous. Another favorite.

Island and MYCAL like this.
  10. Piers Morgan is honestly a pox on journalism and humanity in general at this point. What a moron.

11. This album is stunning, and has encapsulated so much of the loneliness and anxiety I've been facing the last few weeks as friends moved away. It's almost claustrophobic in how incisive and disarming it grabbed me.

She's incredible, and this is everything she needed to do.

12. I just know one day he'll get a little too comfortable and say something that will get him fired from Good Morning Britain, and when that day comes, I will be nourished.

13. Damn, achievable goals.

Clearly someone has never met Jeremy

mcuk, ryjm, Smooth Criminal and 3 others like this.
  14. Some cute pics I took at Heaven the other night

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nikkysan, OlliMaus, Island and 5 others like this.
  15. Finally listened to this on my way to work this morning, and it really is a triumph. Current yet timeless, but most of all it's so Lily – if you think about this being the woman that recorded Alright, Still just over a decade ago, they make perfect sense together.

16. I've not been the biggest fan of the artwork, but the CD just arrived and it looks pretty good in print.

17. Grabbed a ticket to her Dublin show, a triumphant album indeed.

letuinmybackdoor and Deconstruct like this.
  18. No 5 in the midweeks today with around 5,000 sold.

19. I'd love it to get to number one but I suppose without a 'hit' single it was unlikely.

20. Sam

Sam

She looks fantastic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.