Little Boots - General Discussion | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Little Boots - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Deleted member 312, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Impeccable video.

I'm so proud of her, she has really grown into this phase as an independent artist.

He likes this.
  2. I think it works SO much better for her. She doesn't really need to 'perform' in the video and the lo-fi aesthetic gives her a mystique she may lack in reality. I don't ever want to see her return to New In Town or Headphones. Never! It reminds me of I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me. A huge compliment!

3. He

He

I think she has achieved a succession of great videos for this campaign, and I love she has kept the aesthetics going so impeccably.

Also, this song is amazing. I'm very happy and proud of what she has achieved this era.

NightmareBoy likes this.
  4. The videos have been impeccable. Where is Real Girl's single release though?

5. Another fantastic video from Working Girl Victoria Hesketh. This is her best album and campaign by far, she’s got her tongue fairly in her cheek and the music is her most consistently great from start to finish.

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  6. At the risk of echo chamber, I'm massively digging the current era's visual aesthetic. It fits the music perfectly, and it's pretty awesome. She doesn't have a 'large' performing persona so this is giving her plenty of depth.
    I am officially missing the pea green suit.

7. Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  8. He

He

Why isn't she up for the 20 Quid Music Prize?

9. Very good question.

10. He

He

I mean, being hit singles isn't a requirement, right?

I sadly don't have much in common with the frontpage's "Big Songs", anymore.

11. Yeah, there's been nothing on there that's got me excited for at least 4 years. How I long for the days when Dragonette, Shiny Toy Guns, Rogue Traders and Stefy were all over it...

12. Taste It is impeccable

13. I just watched the video - I must say, its probably the best pop video this year. And that style of making music videos is perfect for Victoria because she doesn't really have to act and stuff...

Its retro, its colourful, its perfect! Well done Victoria. Finally a GREAT video this for the campaign.

14. He

He

She looks gorgeous as well, in the video. Love the Green and yellow combo... Though, all the outfits look great on her.

15. What's everyone's top five from Working Girl.

16. He

He

Damn, that is a hard one. I'll give it a try.

1. Working Girl
    2. Get Things Done
    3. Paradise
    4. Help Too
    5. Heroine

There is not a single track I dislike, though. Amazing album.

Zar-Unity likes this.
  17. Love that she looks like Jem and Jerrica in this video #bangontrend

18. My 5:
    1. Working Girl
    2. Real Girl
    3. Get Things Done
    4. Desire
    5. Help Too
    Intro and Interlude are also good.

19. I hope she actually has a phone line for her label and the intro plays when you call it.

Zar-Unity and Deer Stop like this.
  20. I love the intro. It actually feels necessary.

Go out, and MAKE. SOMETHING.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.