Little Boots - Nocturnes (Second Album) | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Little Boots - Nocturnes (Second Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by StratusJM, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

I like the video. Yes it looks cheap but it made the song a thousand times more listanable for me.
    What exactly is the video referencing though?

2. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

Is she supposed to look like Renée Zellweger?

3. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

I really don't like it. I hate the whole Vogue feel of the group of sitting people, it's so pretentious for such a fun and warm song. She looks stunning though and she actually looks into it for once.

4. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

It's quite camp, isn't it?

5. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

OH WOW LITTLE BOOTS YOU'VE BECOME SOOOOO INDIE.

As you can tell, I'm not convinced...

6. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

Can anyone explain the references? Because I need something to make that video enjoyable.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  7. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

The video is the first 'Boots' related thing I really dislike.

8. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

What a load of garbage... I'm ecstatic!

No seriously what is that. If you take out the random text then it's OK I guess but... you can't take out the text. And that is just awful awful awful. Aside from that it's average. Pointless video.

9. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

I really don't like this. She looks weird with those eyebrows and... socks?

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  10. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

The song is marvellous. Simple, touching, danceable. This & Shake are both amazing and if the album is on the same level, it'll join the Miike Snow one in my personal 2012 top 3.

I quite like the video, It's openly pompous, borderline ridiculous... and funny. I wouldn't watch it another time, though.

As for Little Boots' looks and style, I find the Sarah Cracknell panoply she's using interesting, but obviously she has not found her own thing yet.

11. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

She looks so good I don't even care about the rest of the video. This is exactly what I wanted from her though.

12. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

She looks good, but once again she fails to move an inch in the entire video.

13. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

That video was a lot better than I expected and given the clear 90s house inspirations of the song, it made perfect sense and fit very well with the song. Quite good. Though her videos still suffer from Victoria herself being a charisma black hole when on screen. She can't really pull off elegant and aloof like she's going for here. She's gotten better though. I also like that it's clearly low budget. It works and the minimalist nature of it gives it a unique feel. Makes it stick out in my memory. With a little more polish and better dancers, these are the kinds of videos I'd want from the likes of Kylie.

14. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

I don't like it.

15. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

Nope. I still don't like it and she's always the worst thing about her own videos.

16. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

I didn't like the dancing. It was just a little too camp to me.

I LOVED how she looked though. The shoes with the socks on with the weird dress was LIFE for me. It was just so tacky and nineties.

There were parts of it that were lovely. Most of it was not good, though.

17. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

She should have been styled like the single cover. Whole video in black and white. Begins with her in an ancient bedroom lit by candles. Lots of hand movements that allude to praying. She then goes outside into a forest under the moon and stars... possibly to a river or cave. Back up dancers (of both genders) appear from behind trees. Less campy dancing etc. Ends with her walking away deeper into the woods. Beautiful and scenic shots of the night sky interspersed. Perhaps a couple shots of her walking barefoot through the forest... over something with texture. Whole video feels sort of surreal and slow-moving.

You can call me anytime Boots. I'm up for hire.

18. He

He

Re: Little Boots - Second Album

That concept, although not bad, sound expensive, and I think this video was around £50.

19. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

It just feels like a wasted chance for an amazing video. I don't mind "comical" (I can't place my finger on the word I am looking for...) videos, but this song deserves a serious one.

679 dished out decent money for "Radioactive," I wish they would give Little Boots a similar budget. Perhaps they will for the official lead single.

20. Re: Little Boots - Second Album

Paris Is Burning is an incredible documentary. Kudos at the reference, but it was a bit poorly done, no? Mainly the endless flashing text (for reference, in the movie the text is used much more sparingly).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.