Little Mix - Between Us | Page 251 | The Popjustice Forum

Little Mix - Between Us

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by JustCrizz, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Edit: Yes! One of their very best singles and nowadays my favourite lead.

GimmeWork, jawow_, Elysium and 29 others like this.
  2. When will their tour rehearsal start?

3. [​IMG]

I feel like I'm in their threads singing this song's praises on a far too frequent basis but this makes me so happy. 'Move' will always be my favourite single of theirs but 'Break Up Song' is an easy second place for me.

I remember it being released right at the very start of the first lockdown last March and not really expecting much from it but what a Home run. Obviously the 80s leaning sound was bang on-trend at the time with 'Blinding Lights' and 'Physical' already doing well but it's just so robustly crafted and delivered that it felt and honestly still feels fresh for them. Great melodies and vocal performances and a real sense of momentum that carries right through to the outro.

Let's stream its incredible debut TV performance to celebrate:

LPMA, Elysium, bimbo and 18 others like this.
  4. Break Up Song is a solid 10/10.

It felt like actual Little Mix rather than Little Mix trying to be something they aren’t.

Elysium, chromatica, RMK and 7 others like this.
  5. Break-Up Song is my favourite song by them since Touch (and that includes Overrated Melody). It’s a shame it was released when Covid was kicking off around the globe & didn’t get its proper moment in the spotlight.

6. making it smaller doesn't hide it!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But yes, Break Up Song deserved the world!

7. 'Sweet Melody' is legit one of the best pop songs of the last decade. I think "overrated" (by them at least) is what I would call 'No More Sad Songs' and I adore that one too.

papatrick, JasonJay, Espeon and 12 others like this.
  8. Co-Sign this. “Sweet Melody” is a perfect pop song, and it’s sonically interesting even on the 10927303930393739302800653479th listen.

Also, I think “Break-Up Song” sounds more like an 80s pop pastiche as opposed to sounding like “actual Little Mix”.

9. This may seem random but I feel like Little Mix nkr appearing on Stranger Things or any other 80s inspired US tv show out at the time to sing Break Up Song is a big missed opportunity.

10. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

[​IMG]

Finally!

Laurence, Mushroom, 1991 and 11 others like this.
  11. Sweet Melody is great, but the middle eight lets it down. It needed something more than just a slowed-down version of the chorus.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    dirtypony likes this.
  12. RMK

RMK

The harmonies in that middle eight and Leigh's vocals are absolutely not a let down. And the riffs following... Sweet Melody is a pop staple.

13. How can this be true when the middle eight is perfect?

14. It’s the perfect breakdown before the final chorus. Her soft breathy tone slows the song down before Jades iconic “on and on and on YEAH”

15. BUS is still that girl and I am still mad their label didn’t realize what they had with:

Should have issued a full video of the 4 of them in each section and gotten the full experience. I hate the actual music video, obviously the pandemic is the reason it is what it is, but for me, the vertical video was the *moment* the song went from hit to absolutely massive for me.

Txetxu, Elysium, mattw67 and 5 others like this.
  16. But-but-but Jade's heavenly self-orchestra...

Holly Something likes this.
  17. Anyone bad mouthing Sweet Melody should be served with a week long ban.

18. Is there a reason this is so popular? I mean it has more streams than a lot of their actual singles.

19. I believe it was on some kind of soundtrack and picked up from there?

Cowboystyle likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.