Little Mix - Break Up Song + 6th Album | Page 83 | The Popjustice Forum

Little Mix - Break Up Song + 6th Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LPMA, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Move wasn’t number 1?

2. Didn't Move almost derail the Salute campaign because it charted "low"?

3. Move was #3. I think it was Little Me that really slowed it down.

PopCrushed likes this.
  4. Yeah Move was a hit. It was Little Me peaking at #14 that derailed the era a bit, then following it up with Word Up didn't really help either.

At least the era ended on a high with Salute being a big hit after THAT performance on BGT.

aniraz, Florencia., lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  5. Little Me was/is dreadful. If they wanted a winter ballad they should've stuck with These Four Walls which is gorgeous and had already had a couple of performances.

OspreyQueen and Rob like this.
  6. Just watched that performance as I don't think I had seen it before. SO GOOD. Especially when they're dancing with Diversity.

Not related, but I wonder what they think of the Little Mix name now. I feel like it doesn't really suit them anymore (if it ever really did).

Feels like it does them a disservice as there's nothing 'little' about them. Almost wish they'd been able to stick with Rhythmix!

acl likes this.
  7. I'm sure they did an interview not that long ago where they said how much they despised the name 'little mix' when they were given it and thought their careers were over before they'd even started ddd.

Which, to be fair, you can't blame them. I imagine they've grown fonder of it over the years while still recognising that it's a fairly crap name.

OspreyQueen, Rem, Superloves and 9 others like this.
  8. It could've been worse! I'm looking at you Girls Can't Catch...

9. I wonder if this is true? To be fair it wouldn’t be a bad idea, I’d take a video like this instead of no video at all.

10. RJF

RJF

Man, "Move" is still perfect. How on earth did that even happen as the lead single from the second album of an X Factor girlband?

11. I’m pretty sure this is that same tennis fan account that was making up all sorts of stuff going into the LM5 era. I wouldn’t put a lot of stock into the “rumor”.

12. When it starts with “it is reported” it’s always fan fic. Brazilian one.

lushLuck and chromatica like this.
  13. Honestly, I'd rather have a video of them shot on their phones just dancing around than an animated one.

14. Yeah like, as bulletproof as a track like 'Touch' is, it still makes sense as a 2016 Little Mix single. 'Move' still feels disorientating as ever, seven years later, and would feel equally as dynamic and genuinely challenging if released today as it did back then. A track so good, it's a standard I'd never even attempt to hold them to.

15. I'm still not sure why Mr Loverboy was never a single.

lushLuck, Crisp X and Vitamin like this.
  16. Same. They could even get their fans involved like the TikTok challenge. It could be a really cute music video.

17. UK Spotify Top 50
    #16: Break Up Song (219,169)

Pretty decent start!

DMDR, Primrose, shindymindy and 2 others like this.
  18. It’s insane that nearly 10 years later they manage to maintain a fanbase that big.

I think their personalities and friendship play a huge role on that. Their fans look up to it a lot. They’re so relatable and easy to stan.

I hope it comes across on their show.

Florencia. likes this.
  19. Samesies but for About The Boy, that chorus is bulletproof.

Rem, claire_louise, Totto and 3 others like this.
  20. They’re up to #15 on Apple Music and still holding at #1 on iTunes as well.

Rem, DMDR, Femme Aesthetic and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.