Little Mix - Confetti | Page 937 | The Popjustice Forum

Little Mix - Confetti

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LPMA, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its 2021

2. I remember Love Me Like you feeling about as big as Hair in the UK. It was on the video chart shows a lot on TV, they performed it everywhere. Obviously Hair has done better in the long run but I wouldn’t leave it off a hits compilation.

BritPopLover and Mvnl like this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's probably because it's not on their setlists anymore that it doesn't feel like Essential Little Mix to me!

chromatica likes this.
  4. Yeah... I would kind of expect that from a straight person, but a drag queen calling Little Mix "the Bagdaledeh girl" I know it's fun and a kii, but at the same time educate yourself girl.

Mvnl likes this.
  5. It's Trixie so it is expected, she's 5 years behind.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. Just spill the tea.

Primrose and Vasilios like this.
  7. It’s because it’s not essential!

Mvnl likes this.
  8. RMK

RMK

When it comes to a Greatest Hits in 2021, why not include even the small successors for a boost? We're in a time where the physical copies aren't a high priority. Why not tack Think About Us, or even Wasabi with its streaming success, on for more exposure.

The Weeknd gave his a compilation a few popular album tracks, and it's honestly a great way to take advantage of the streaming age. It's really just a glorified 'This Is' playlist for the causal listener.

9. If you claim to be a part of gay pop culture, it is your duty to know, understand and appreciate Little Mix.

TheOnlyOne, star.dust and Overdose like this.
  10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

[​IMG]

Would def make it.

11. Rightfully so.

12. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a greatest hits album effectively stifle their prior studio albums from reaching any future sales thresholds? For example, Confetti would no longer benefit from the streams of Break Up Song, Holiday, Sweet Melody etc because it would all be directed towards a greatest hits.

I have no doubt a Little Mix greatest hits would be a success but it's crazy that the top 100 album chart is littered with Best Of's when no one is streaming them. See: The Highlights and After Hours which died a death when the streams were re-directed. I remember reading that In The Zone would have crossed double platinum a while ago but Toxic's streams are going towards The Singles Collection.

It's a non issue really but it would've been nice to see Confetti reach Platinum sooner rather than much later nn. Overall, I think it's a good idea.

13. Both Sugababes and Atomic Kitten released hits collections with replacement members on the cover but older members vocals. And Sugababes carried on releasing afterwards.

kingbm and DoggySwami like this.
  14. I forgot about the Sugababes one, pretty sure there was around 2 songs with Amelle on them which would be the same with the girls now without Jesy!

15. I love that they've stayed in touch with Marcus. Jade's posted holiday pics with him IIRC.

16. Power is such a fucking tune. My "Girlbands" playlist has Sweet Melody, Power, Break Up Song, Heartbreak Anthem, and then Secret Love Song (without Jason "Jason Derulo" Derulo). Bop after bop. Absolute smashes.

Overdose, Mvnl, Felp and 2 others like this.
  17. The last slide... Oh Jade, we don't deserve you.

18. If we do have a greatest hits coming, I wouldn't be opposed to "Wasabi" being included on the album. Although not an official single, it has been certified silver and has become a bit of an iconic track on streaming, particularly with last year's TikTok trend involving their song. The girls, particularly Jade, have been very vocal in the fact that it got given an injustice in terms of how it was handled and lack of release for it, so I wouldn't be shocked if it managed to make it onto some essential / best of collection.

That being said, if they can make an exceptional megamix similar to The Saturdays' one, then they need to get it similar to this beauty of a mix:

shindymindy, scottdisick94 and Mvnl like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.