Little Mix - 'Only You' and Fifth Studio Album | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

Little Mix - 'Only You' and Fifth Studio Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2018.

1. He owns all of AEG...you would have to avoid many many concerts. Its kind of a messy situation and boycotting the festival doesn't really solve the problem. There's also many homophobic artists and attendees, but that's the case at any event.

The President is a dick but I still enjoy spending time in America...

londonrain and Felp like this.
  2. This.

If you actually boycott everything that AEG is involved in... hoo boy, there’s going to be a lot of problems watching any concert ever.

(Having said that, obviously the owner is trash and should be called out, but it’s not like there was an organised boycott of Coachella that they’re ignoring by being there.)

nomoresadsongs likes this.
  3. I'll try and find a receipt but I've also read from other sources he no longer donates to those organizations? I believe he hasn't since like 2015...

Most of the big CEOs are old white men from conservative backgrounds. Not going to Coachella doesn't really solve many issues.

Regardless of the founders, the headliners- Gaga, Kendrick, etc...all have very different political messages they are using the platform to promote

echoamelie and londonrain like this.
  4. I hope Leighade gets inspired after seeing Beyonce (and Destiny's Child's) performance. Give us urban hits on LM5.

AmericanMoney, Island, Totto and 13 others like this.
  5. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

This is sooo much better than the fake 'omg I love Little Mix and their uuuhm song.. called.. uuuhm' by Hailey.

AbCF15 likes this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

As exhausting as their schedule can be at times I have this feeling they know there's not really a Beyoncé between them (or the ones most likely to be one just enjoy doing it together better).
    Statistically as a girl band their days are counted, but unless there's serious fights within the group or one of them gets seriously burned out it feels like these girls might defeat the odds a little longer. It's quite exciting really

LPMA likes this.
  7. On this topic, I’d love to see them do another ‘proper’ festival performance. They really set the bar at V Festival in 2016 and I feel like they could take it even further now. The Glory Days Tour was full of Beyonce-esque moments (staggered intros, songs blending into each other, dance breakdowns etc.) and it’d be great to see them translating that to a festival stage.

Rem, bess marvin, DMDR and 5 others like this.
  8. I really see them making it last, and it's so exciting to know I've watched it happen from the very beginning.

Florencia. and Mvnl like this.
  9. I was thinking about this the other day because it doesn’t seem like they’re going Radio 1’s Biggest Weekend which makes sense because it’s at the end of May which is probably a bit before they’ll really start the new era. And there won’t be a Glastonbury this year. But V Fest (or whatever it will be called from now on) is in August and after the string of hits they had since their 2016 slot, I think they could actually headline this time.

PopCrushed and Florencia. like this.
  10. Speaking of the Glory Days Tour, when are we getting a DVD?

11. Maybe with the new album? I'm sure that's a big part of why Glory Days sold so well, especially physical sales in the U.K.

12. Ella's mum is mouthing off online again but this may just be the best fan response I have ever seen!

londonrain, Island, Laurence and 10 others like this.
  13. this always does my head in! I was a tween at the peak of Dirrrty Xtina and didn’t grow up walking around in leather chaps. It’s such a ridiculous topic and I really can’t understand why Little Mix get so much heat for the perfectly reasonable outfits they wear.

14. What does Ella's mum do in the height of Summer when everyone is wearing vests and shorts? God forbid she should ever take her daughter to a beach, she'll be mentally scared by all the people wearing bathing suits!

londonrain likes this.
  15. Don't know if anyone saw Jade's Instagram story? She had a songwriting session yesterday (I guess in LA?)

16. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

I wish concerned mums would go after sloppily dressed popstars like Ed Sheeran for their appearance with the same fervour they attack young women with.

londonrain, Island, Laurence and 8 others like this.

17. She just posted another one and yes, they're definitely writing / recording in LA.

18. Can't believe they're writing with Meghan in the US this time around. Come through budget increase.

19. No negativity on this site thank you

Smooth Criminal likes this.
  20. londonrain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.