Little Mix

Mvnl

Staff member
Not the most reliable source I know but looking up Break Up Song on Wikipedia it says that another song was chosen as the lead single and a video had been shot. Any ideas what it was? I know there was talk of Not A Pop Song being the lead but surely that wasn't far enough long to have a video?
I think they'd initially planned to shoot Holiday on location?

Not the most reliable source I know but looking up Break Up Song on Wikipedia it says that another song was chosen as the lead single and a video had been shot. Any ideas what it was? I know there was talk of Not A Pop Song being the lead but surely that wasn't far enough long to have a video?

They were supposed to shoot a video in Brazil but because of Covid/Perrie being ill everything changed.

For the best though, because Not a Pop Song was in the running for lead at one point but LUCKILY the girls shot it down.

They were supposed to shoot a video in Brazil but because of Covid/Perrie being ill everything changed.

For the best though, because Not a Pop Song was in the running for lead at one point but LUCKILY the girls shot it down.
Thank Mariah! Was the video for not a good song?
I think they'd initially planned to shoot Holiday on location?
Or was Holiday initially the lead?

Also, Holiday is a brilliant breezy summer bop that deserves much more.

I wish I heard what everyone else does in Break Up Song, it’s never been a song I particularly enjoy. I’d rank Sweet Melody, Holiday, Confetti & Happiness all above it. I wish they led the campaign with Happiness, that chorus is just undeniable.

Wasn’t the original first single the song that leaked, Do It For Myself?

Maybe that was before they got to the point of shooting a video.

Wasn’t the original first single the song that leaked, Do It For Myself?

Maybe that was before they got to the point of shooting a video.
Ahh it's a great song but I'm glad they went with Break Up Song. Especially in it's pure pop glory that was much needed in all the uncertainty of lockdown.

Also, the 'I just need..... company' parts in the Love Me demo/leak are so beautiful. I love that track.

He/Him
Yeah, Do It For Myself was the intended lead for a very long while; it got finished around February 2020 alongside the first demo of Break Up Song which came out only a month later so they must've rushed to get it out when they did. They got told they could only have Do It For Myself if it was contractually the lead single for the campaign so they canned it because they weren't about to be told what to do nn

Mvnl

Staff member
As much as I love Do It For Myself I'm not sure I see 'launch of an era' in it.
(Also Love Sweet Love did it just as well)

Do It For Myself is a great track, but it sounds more like an album track. The Confetti era was great, aside from the tiny detail of Jesy's departure...