Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert (2nd Album). | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Little Simz - Sometimes I Might Be Introvert (2nd Album).

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 2014, Sep 16, 2019.

1. She's serving serious budget this time around with her videos. The last track she did with Cleo Sol was a real keeper for me, this one's sounding great too.

2014 likes this.
  2. Rollin Stone is my definite favorite so far.

3. This really does have the air of a major cross-over moment for her. And c'mon Princess Diana on interlude duties!

Mushroom, Pretend, finito and 10 others like this.
  4. Haven't heard the album yet (can't wait) but her recent Tiny Desk is amaaazing.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Protect My Energy is a boppppp!

6. I'm overwhelmed by how great this is. What an exciting, dynamic talent!

7. The last thing I would have expected on this album is an 80s pop bop!

I can't wait to properly dig into this album. I saw her at All Points East last weekend and she was amazing. She played Point and Kill which was such a banger.

FINISH LINE, Sleepycat and 2014 like this.
  8. RJF

RJF

Easily, instantly, and profoundly one of the best albums of the year. The scope, honey. The way it sounds like money, honey. Those bars, honey. I can't wait to dive in over and over again.

9. I feel like I’m always shilling their stuff on this website, but if you’re enjoying this record, then I would implore you to check out SAULT and Cleo Sol’s albums too. Inflo produced those as well as this album, and Cleo Sol obviously provides vocals on “Woman” here. They’re becoming such a productive collective, and almost everything they make is sumptuous to behold and vital-sounding.

7 and Untitled (Black is) don’t fit in the post but they’re worth hearing too!

10. I can't with all the music discussion being centered around Kanye and Drake when we have Simz single-handedly excelling and showing everyone how it's done.

11. 7.7 score from Pitchfork:

IAmRockstar and BrokenHearts like this.
  12. This is incredible. This is what you get when you allow artists the time, space and encouragement to grow.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  13. The opener itself is of such epic proportions that it could have easily been released as a standalone music piece, but the quality of the tracks that follow, and her amazing switching between soulful and fierce moments truly make this one of the best releases this year. I was in love with Grey Area cause it was a flawlessly dense record without any filler, but at the same time I am so glad that she allowed herself a bit more space this time around cause it allows for an even deeper dive of a listening experience. The interludes also add quite a bit to it in terms of ambience without necessarily breaking the flow.

14. Ok, I've had a few days with this album now and it's absolutely the album of the year for me so far. Her flow, the lyrics, the production - everything comes together perfectly. It's an audio cinematic masterpiece.

I wish Simbi and Dave would stop releasing their albums in the same year, as they both deserve to sweep up all of the awards. The talent is too much. Whilst for me Psychodrama just beat out GREY Area in 2019, this time I think SIMBI edges it over WAAITT. What a lucky time we live in to have both of these artists though.

15. Only got into listening to Little Simz with this album, and right away I was awestruck with how polished, grand but also homage-paying and intimate these songs feel. Introvert and Woman set an immense high, shre, but the album stays consistent all around. Tracks like Standing Ovation give me chills and then there's Protect My Energy where she gives an excellent, effortless pop jam and also going off into an interesting direction w the Point and Kill / Fear No Man saga. It's an album I'll have to keep on repeat for the foreseeable to gather all of its brilliance

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  16. This is an immaculate album!

Remyky22 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.