Little things that made you happy today | Page 572 | The Popjustice Forum

Little things that made you happy today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hitori, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Being with my coworkers today. I'm lucky enough to work in a field where most of my coworkers are actually my great friends outside of work, and doing the same tough stuff for our 9-5 during this pandemic, and being able to unwind with them when they understand the same pressures really is a relief. Especially being in NYC living alone.

2. There is a small chance I might be able to move into my Great Aunt's cottage. She is now in a home (at 97 it's just safer for her) and it has been in the family for 50 odd years. A perfect little space for someone like me who needs an easy layout and peace and quiet.
    Nothing set in stone but even having the tiniest hope has spurred me on and made me realise I could cope on my own and not be tormented by my demons like I imagined.

unnameable and Mr.Arroz like this.
  3. I ate the first of many, many Easter eggs today

Cotton Park and 2014 like this.
  4. One of my friends has been laid off and is really struggling recently. He was saying he didn't even have anything to eat tonight, so I sent him a pizza and you'd think I'd given him a car with how thankful he was. Sometimes it only takes a small gesture to cheer someone up!

Cotton Park, IntoTheBlue and Jamie like this.
  5. Sam

Sam

Booked my first ever gig and applied for a new job

E10DCE68-9928-474A-B00B-EDD4F3022CE4.jpeg

6. I got into grad school to become a mental health counselor.

Neon Green, Lander, Mr.Arroz and 15 others like this.
  7. Congratulations!!! That is huge!!! Even when you have a 10000 word assignment due a week before and you're crying in front of your computer - it is so worth it in the end!

Stopremix likes this.
  8. Aww thanks, sis! I just got into another school and got a scholarship. Good week!!!

Jamie likes this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I saw a car stop and the driver get out yet patiently wait because a few kids were trying to get a frog to cross the road. Made me smile.

Neon Green, Mikl C, Remorque and 4 others like this.
  10. Sam

Sam

Booked my vaccine and finished Couch to 5k! Feeling good girls

Neon Green, Lander, Mr.Arroz and 3 others like this.
  11. Finished my first assessment for Uni (my first proper essay in years), gave it to my Dad to read over with his academic mind. He loved it. Then gave it to my Mum who has no knowledge of Ancient Greece or Rome to see if she could understand what I was trying to say. She did! Huzzah!

Cotton Park likes this.
  12. And that thing that's happening in August...

Remorque likes this.
  13. Sam

Sam

see above sis

14. Oh wow, I'm a flop nn. Still, we're celebrating it again!

Sam likes this.
  15. I went on another fucking walk

Neon Green, Runawaywithme and Jamie like this.
  16. A plate of assorted cheeses. Delish.

17. I ordered Franco Manca for the Melfest final and it was delicious.

Dennis likes this.
  18. I decided to make the short trip home to my village to see my mum for mothers day. I've been here for about an hour and I already feel much better. Also, seeing my dog is always a welcome boost.

Stopremix likes this.
  19. My sister had a baby today.

Floppie, 2014, Jamie and 4 others like this.
  20. There’s a woman at the park bitching on the phone to someone about her boyfriend, and thoughtfully has the person on speaker so I can get all the tea.

Neon Green likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.