Little things that made you happy today

he/him/basic cishomo
Okay so… maybe not a little thing but yesterday I had my liver transplant! Surgery took 8 hours and my post-op work seems to be going well. Can’t believe it’s finally happened. Will have to sell my Madonna ticket for Oct but the liver doctor, one of the more experienced ones, is confident I can still go to my December date!

I guess the little thing that made me happy today was not being able to eat or drink yet so my nurse rubbed some ice on my lips and tongue!
That's huge and I'm so happy you got it done and are doing well post procedure!!! The ice thing is kind of iconic, I want a GIF.

Sam

he/they
Okay so… maybe not a little thing but yesterday I had my liver transplant! Surgery took 8 hours and my post-op work seems to be going well. Can’t believe it’s finally happened. Will have to sell my Madonna ticket for Oct but the liver doctor, one of the more experienced ones, is confident I can still go to my December date!

I guess the little thing that made me happy today was not being able to eat or drink yet so my nurse rubbed some ice on my lips and tongue!

So happy for you Ben!!! Sending lots of love your way x

Amazing! So happy for you. x

After a decade of having jobs I hated and struggling to get ahead for numerous reasons, applying for new jobs I'm actually qualified for now and that excite me a teensy bit is so satisfying

I'm prepared and ready for the rejections I'll likely get before I'm successful, but still - a new stage of my life is starting and I'm thrilled for what's to come

giphy-265.gif

this is probably corny but today i had a really long insta DM with someone from high school who told me that they always looked up to me for being who i was and living out and proud (if you could call my far more outgoing personality and almost desperate for attention fashion stylings then). this person wasn't someone i interacted with much either but I definitely remembered him and his face and he said that in recent years he's opened up about his sexual identity and says people like me were the motivation.

It was really quite wholesome and heartwarming, and a reminder to do you because you never know when or how you could be the hero for someone else's story

Last edited:
Whilst shopping for a baby shower gift at the op shop I found Club Disco by Dannii Minogue for 50 cents (the version including the bonus disc of remixes too). I've wanted it for ages and absolutely did not expect to find it at my local op shop!

Last edited:
I had (vegetarian) Sushi for lunch and feel like Molly Ringwald.

unnamed-1.jpg

Boyfriend would not get out of bed, so I put Sonia's You'll Never Stop Me Loving You on repeat and danced around to it.

Then he told Siri to play Ed Sheeran and we ended up pointing our phones at each other across the room with the world's worst mash-up.

Relationship goals tbh.

Last edited:
he/him/basic cishomo
The only good thing about today, as an American who doesn't live in Arizona, is continually looking at my clock and feeling like it's earlier than it should be.

This joy will cease when it is pitch black at 5:30.