Liv Dawson - Talk (New Single) | The Popjustice Forum

Liv Dawson - Talk (New Single)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by 2014, Feb 28, 2017.

1. 2014

2014 Moderator

Absolute bop here produced by Disclosure, this girl deserves a bit of recognition. Also;

Why does she resemble Miranda Cosgrove as well ddddd

2. I should've known Disclosure cooked up Searching. It's like a counterpart to You & Me. At first listen I thought it was Katy B singing too. I remember doing a double take at my phone and missing my tube stop. Is the third line of the chorus "clear about the lengths you're running" or am I wrong?

I love Open Your Eyes (tune!) and Reflection is low-key shmoody but nice. Album soon I hope!

2014 likes this.
  3. Oh my god I clocked the Miranda Cosgrove resemblance too! Loved "Open Your Eyes."

I really like her, she stands out, but not sure if there's a market for a Disclosure-feature kind of girl in 2016 you know, their sound has gone out of fashion.

LE0Night, Noir and 2014 like this.
  4. Fake news. Sad!

5. Passé house revival tracks can be very hit or miss, but these bop.

2014 likes this.
  6. So many people involved in this song: The track was written by Liv herself along James Napier, Guy Lawrence, Howard Lawrence, Cathy Dennis, Henrik Jonback, Christian Karlsson and Pontus Winnberg.

Island and 2014 like this.
  7. 2014

2014 Moderator

Still loving this and her voice is sensational. She's just posted a new song on Spotify called Somewhere Good, which is very London Grammar. I love her.

LE0Night likes this.
  8. A bop.

Really fun one, too.

2014 likes this.
  9. 'Open Your Eyes' is fantastic.

2014 likes this.
  10. I was listening to this girl last week, Searching sounds just like what Mutya/MKS should be doing.

11. Can't believe there's no thread.

12. Just posting the YouTube video for everyone's convenience:

The blissful summery vibe is bang on for the weather we've been having in UK. Her voice is so lovely against salute's glossy electronica.

2014 likes this.

13. This is such a bop.

2014 likes this.
  14. WAIT how have I completely missed out on this. So good.

15. 2014

2014 Moderator

Searching still goes in so hard. One of my singles of the year in fact

16. Another winner:

The Disclosure sound will never be passé for me provided it's done right, as is the case with "Searching".

TRAVVV and constantino like this.
  17. Just discovered her and she is rather magnificent. 'Painkiller', 'Searching' and 'Still' are glorious.

Stanning.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  18. I love all her singles but damn enough with the one offs. At least give us an EP.

New single Talk is coming 9th March.

19. The chorus is a bit of a non-event. The production isn't even enough to carry it. Shame, I quite liked everything else about the track.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    2014 and D.Jay like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.