Liz Phair - Soberish | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Liz Phair - Soberish

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jan 13, 2017.

1. I haven't read it yet! I always push back reading memoirs because I want to ~savor it but then I end up forgetting about it or reading it way after the release date.

2. Oh wow an album in March. I am not prepared. And with Brad Wood! Based on “Good Side,” I expect something that sounds whitechocolatespacegg and I can’t wait.

AshleyKerwin and Andy French like this.
  3. It's a very well-written book. Not a ton of information in terms of her career (something I always want to know about), but great, personal stories. My favorite was New York City Blizzard. All of those little details and asides that make her songs so great are present and accounted for in this book.

AshleyKerwin and xOJakeXo like this.
  4. This is a reach question but I read a comment (on Song Meanings.com, the pinnacle of music discussions!) that White Chocolate Space Egg was used in an M&M commercial once and I want to know if it's real or if anyone remembers it? I feel like it's probably a no but it's too specific to make up.

Anyway, in other Liz Phair related commercials, here's something from the Whip Smart era.

Jwentz likes this.
  5. Lila

Lila Staff Member

Good Side is still so fucking good. It’s the song I played most last week.

6. Holy fucking fuck!

Coolrockgirl likes this.
  7. Finally! What a title!

8. The cover art…………… is

Lila and Petty Mayonnaise like this.
  9. Very happy she is doing a solo tour! I didn’t get tickets to the tour with Alanis and Garbage because they were hard to get, too expensive and the venue was far from where I live.
    The solo tour is much better for me.
    I’m not too big on those package tours as each set is shortened. Hopefully Garbage will do a headlining tour later this year too.

11. Lila

Lila Staff Member

My most on brand moment of last year was when I went to her London show and fainted in the toilets because I had one (1) glass of wine after just starting a new antidepressant. It’s what she would’ve wanted.

12. This... can't be the album cover.

13. I’m on a trip.

Like an actual Shroom trip. That can’t be real.

MrMannacroix likes this.
  14. [​IMG]

Gimme my PSOne, Liz.

15. I get Dren from Splice vibes myself.

16. Apologies for not digging back through this thread but has anyone read Horror Stories? I was thinking of getting it even though I'm not that keen on autobiographies, but I enjoy reading about music artists who have something to say and who have had an interesting life.

17. Yes, Horror Stories is great. She's an excellent, insightful writer (not a surprise considering). The stuff about her affair is very illuminating.

Andy French likes this.
  18. I adored Horror Stories. It made me love her more and her writing style was fantastic.

NobodyKnowsMe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.