LIZ - Planet Y2K (Album) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

LIZ - Planet Y2K (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

"Don't Think I'm Not" was basically the tail-end of the mid/late-90s bass-R&B trend. It does remind me of all that, though, if not quite as great. A smidge of KP & Envyi's "Swing My Way" too, no?

2. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

She needs a surname or something.

But I love Hourglass.

3. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

LIZ opened for Charli XCX tonight. I had made other plans and almost couldn't go, but I couldn't resist the chance to see LIZ live. I got there a little before doors and managed to get a great spot up front. She came on around 9:20 and was fantastic. The set was (I think this was the order):

XTC
    Day N Nite
    Horoscope
    Stop Me Cold
    Every Memory
    U Over Them
    Hush Hush

She had a few sound issues for a couple of songs, but she sang and played through them like a pro. The crowd seemed into her, and after telling a few people around me that I was there to see her, they told me afterwards how much they loved her. I went to the merch booth afterwards to see if she A) had any merch and B) would be there. She had handmade CDs and bookmarks. I was *finally* able to financially support her! I waited around another 15 minutes for her to come out. The person selling her merch said she was really bummed about the sound problems. The first thing I told her was what a great job she did and to not let that get her down. She signed my CD and took a picture, which you can see below if you'd like.

Crossing my fingers that 2014 is her breakout year. She's so damn talented and I've loved every song she's released.

http://instagram.com/p/gNB0gqAWZ_/

4. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

https://soundcloud.com/maddecent/liz-all-them-boys-jeff068/s-OqmQI

New song, "All Them Boys." Definitely more 90s dance, has a Katy B vibe. Love it! Can't wait for her EP to finally be released.

Her website has a CD that has everything she's released thus far, too.

5. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

She needs a surname, preferably "Regina".

6. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

All Them Boys is so good.

I do hope all these one-offs lead to some kind of initial debut release.

7. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

She and her label have mentioned her debut EP coming out at the top of 2014, with All Them Boys being the first release from it. Hope it's good! I'd love for her to take off this upcoming year.

8. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

Most of her songs haven't done much for me, which has been disappointing as I thought a female on Mad Descent would be totally up my street. Stop Me Cold is the first song that I've really enjoyed, so more of that please.

9. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

'All Them Boys' and 'Stop Me Cold' are both amazing, especially the former. It's pretty incredible.

10. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

I think she needs to realise that only using your first name as a stage name works when it's not that common. What next, a male singer called DAVE?

11. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

Yes! I love it. So excited for a proper EP from her.

12. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

The cover is awesome, and so is 'Y2K'.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  13. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

I quite like All Them Boys so bring it on!

14. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

The production on Y2K is so great, I wish it was longer. Mad Decent posted another song by her on soundcloud called Say U Would, which is also pretty good.

15. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

The EP is up for free download on her soundcloud page!

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but Don't Say is pretty fantastic.

16. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

This surely has to be the best free EP/mixtape/whatever since Charli XCX's Super Ultra. It's absolutely brilliant.

17. Re: Liz - General Discussion (First Pop Star signed to Mad Decent!)

Incredible EP! There isn't one song on it that isn't ace. She really knows what she's doing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.