LIZ - Planet Y2K (Album) | Page 57 | The Popjustice Forum

LIZ - Planet Y2K (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Jun 17, 2013.

1. This is so fucking good

2. I was just about to say that some of the production sounds like Better Off Alone!

It's a cute little bop. I can't tell if I like Dancing in the Dark more or not but both are really good!

Andy French likes this.
  3. This is such a ball of fun. Liz remains an underrated artist of our time.

4. I think this is my favorite full song of hers since like, ‘Don’t Say’ dropped. It has the kind of fun, kitsch wink to it that a lot of “PC music” does, but her melodies and the chords are legitimately pretty enough that it isn’t all pretense and production. I love it.

I also find it funny that I’m the one who made her thread way back when. She’s so slept on and even I sleep on her sometimes still.

TRAVVV, McQueer, superultra and 3 others like this.
  5. She definitely seemed a little lost after the double-single drop last year; Super Duper Nova didn’t have a whole lot of replay value for me and Pandemonium...didn’t live up to its title.

Thankfully since Last Call things have been on an upward trajectory again. I hope she keeps it up (and either makes up with Charli or gets over whatever weird issue she has with her nn)

6. Also, hey Liz, where the hell is ‘Want U 2 Hate Me’?

lushLuck, Hyrulian and Andy French like this.
  7. I’m confused about what happened to most of the full songs on Cross Your Heart. Didn’t she have some sort of contractual issue with Mad Decent?

lushLuck and Island like this.
  8. All her older songs/mixtapes/EPs are tied up in old contracts. She was trying to get everything put up on streaming and couldn’t

9. I like to pretend that neither of those happened.

"When I Rule The World," "Tropical Holiday," "Queen Of Me / Could U Love Me," "Last Call," "Diamond In The Dark" and "BTR 2GTHR." What an iconic singles run.

TRAVVV, lushLuck and Hyrulian like this.
  10. I still want the full High School Love and Holy Water.

Lander, Karvel, evilsin and 5 others like this.
  11. Let us never stop this pursuit. Literally just do it, Liz. There's no use sitting on them. I know you're reading this. Tell us what we can do to make this happen. We will stream them.

Lander, Karvel, TRAVVV and 3 others like this.
  12. As I said, they are my Taxi.

Lander, TRAVVV, evilsin and 3 others like this.
  13. I actually really enjoyed "Pandemonium," but I think that's because it immediately reminded me of "Chewing Gum" by Annie.

14. She said in an interview this was her and Kims inspiration for the song:

Ganz toll!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. 'BTR 2GTHR' is phenomenal. So good.

elektroxx likes this.
  16. Another new song coming 9/25 with Aja

Lander, slaybellz, Noir and 7 others like this.
  17. I love this art direction for her

18. Drag Race's Aja?!

Andy French likes this.
  19. Can we get a "BTR 2GTHR" video before moving onto the next single campaign, LIZ?

TRAVVV and Riiiiiiiii like this.
  20. The very same! I've not heard any of their music post-C.L.A.T. (because it's the greatest song of all time so how can anything else really compare) but their rapping is apparently fantastic so I'm perched.

evilsin and LPMA like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.