LIZ - Planet Y2K | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

LIZ - Planet Y2K

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Jun 17, 2013.

1. I need an album full of these, although I've been thinking A LOT about PC Music recently and I feel like the only way an album would work is that it would have to be ten tracks only and each one has to be accompanied with a visual.

QT shows the most potential for me and I am yearning for more from her.

LIZ is showing a lot of promise with this single and yes, it's indeed the new TiK ToK.

2. I'm really looking forward to hearing PC Music producers, and artists if it happens, working with higher profile pop stars.

3. Can't make up my mind if the fact she looks like a member from a failed 90s pop band put together by Nickelodeon for an imaginary TV show sub plot is amazing or an obstacle.

steste likes this.
  4. It's so strange that Namie and Madonna were first to the trend for once.

5. This is such a hot mess, I kinda like it though.

6. The song is very addictive but I'm sure it will have a short lifespan.

7. "When I Rule the World" is basically "Hey QT" part two. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. I can dig it. That said, it's definitely not as good as most of PC Music's releases either.

8. I wouldn't be opposed to this song reaching the same level of ubiquity.

9. Island

Island Staff Member

I don't know if it's awful or good. Help.

PEARL likes this.
  10. It's so good. Exactly what you'd expect.

11. It's amazing, obviously. Perhaps not as amazing as the song, but they did a great job.

12. I didn't like it. 3 minutes of bright colors and a doe-eyed girl doing very little does not do it for me I'm afraid.

13. I've been replaying the video quite a lot. Officially my current favourite video/song/single/popstar/artist. Bright colours and doe-eyedness always does it for me.

14. I like the video (the kaleidoscope shots, mostly - they're gorgeous), but is it me or are the colors a little more...muted than they should be?

15. Yeah, the colours are not overly saturated. The video in general is not as overloaded as the single cover and SOPHIE connection would suggest. I think that's fine. It makes everything more accessible and less niche. It's more Kesha/Britney than it is PC Music/Mad Decent. But it's also both.

16. I like the video, I think it works well with the song. She is pulling off grown young girl vibes.

17. I like it. The colours, the set ups, the editing perfectly match the song's vibe. Could've done without the Toddlers in Tiaras, though.

18. The video is perfection (for the song).

19. She delivered. On all counts. I need this to smash ASAP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.