LIZ - Planet Y2K | Page 72 | The Popjustice Forum

LIZ - Planet Y2K

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Jun 17, 2013.

1. I hope she manages to get the rights to release Cross Your Heart in full, especially since she now knows stans have the full tracks and are selling them

2. May have convinced her to release this on baby blue vinyl as a limited edition pressing?

3. Can you convince her to release it with a better cover?

slaybellz, Glitterizer and Hyrulian like this.
  4. “limited edition artwork”

[​IMG]

The cover has actually grown on me. Although, I never thought it was bad, just questionable font choices.

5. Island

Island Staff Member

WHAT

6. She’s also featured on the new AOBeats album

7. 'Baby Blue', best song of the century I think.

wolfgangna, TRAVVV, Edu and 2 others like this.
  8. I hope the gays are aware and appreciative of all that's transpired in these last two weeks. LIZ, Tinashe, and Hannah Diamond finally releasing full, excellent albums? We truly do love to see it!

9. This album is a pure sugar rush. I was too young to truly experience the Y2K era of pop music, so I don't particularly have nostalgia for that time, but I'm surprised by the diversity of sounds and influences picked from others. The most bubblegum-y songs take me back to the late 00's, finding out about memes, nightcore, and what a weird and wonderful place the internet seemed like for 12 year old me. Intuition is my favorite so far, but the second half (especially from Mood Ring to Last Call) is basically a homerun. Time will tell if the songs that didn't grip me will be growers.

10. Doing it at the last possible opportunity in the last few months of the decade they came into prominence is an irony not lost on me nn.

11. Lost U 2 the Boys is snatching.

Ace of Base but without the buried Nazism - we stan!!

12. Also: FKA Twigs!!

13. The album is fantastic, she’s captured the era she’s referencing so precisely and yet it’s such a breath of fresh air.

Island, Andy French and Crisp X like this.
  14. This would have been an INCREDIBLE cover

15. Hearts Don't Break is my new fave track.

What kind of sublime 00s electropop album track? Ladytron and Goldfrapp are shaking!!

16. Ain’t that Lili Reinhart

[​IMG]

17. for Anna Paquin.

Glitterizer, Mr Blonde and lushLuck like this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

It’s very Slayyyter with more budget.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Is 'album that could have been released by Britney/Paris/Brooke Hogan in 2001' the sound she's going for?
    Cause I dig it.

20. Yeah

AshleyKerwin, lushLuck and Mvnl like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.