Liza Owen | The Popjustice Forum

Liza Owen

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Runawaywithme, Dec 11, 2020.

1. One time former Dolly Rocker (and co-writer of "OMG" by Gryffn and Carly Rae, and Cut You Off by Selena amongst other things) Liza Owen has recently signed with Epic records and dropped a steady steam of really promising indie-pop leaning bops

This is the most recent and my favourite of the bunch, it's a really strong song with a pretty unique sound and I've had it on repeat lately.

This is another really cool song she dropped this year, with an indie trippy R&B vibe. She has quite a few songs and has really hustled over the years, hopefully she gets the recognition she deserves at some point soon.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    nooniebao and swim like this.
    nooniebao likes this.
  3. THIS IS FUCKING GLORIOUS.

nooniebao and Runawaywithme like this.
  4. Posting AGAIN because 'Josie' is one of the best songs I've heard this year and not enough love is going on! @Tiger Suit get your ass in here

nooniebao and Tiger Suit like this.
  5. Funnily enough, I was surfing to see if any Dolly Rockers material had leaked a few days ago, so this is a little serendipitous!

'Josie' is fantastic, this sort of emo-country vibe is divine.

Runawaywithme and swim like this.

6. I am in actual love. I might cry?

7. Yes pepole stanning my girl Liza! She has hustled so much over the years and I've followed her since the end of the Dolly Rockers. Starry Eyed might be my favourite song of the year.

swim likes this.
  8. This is my first time hearing of her ever and 'Josie' is easily my song of the year.

nooniebao and Runawaywithme like this.
  9. Josie is epic! Such a great chorus and the video’s cute with a nice little twist at the end too. Looks like the song was co-written by Ali Tamposi who’s had a hand in several huge hits in the last 9 years.

swim and Runawaywithme like this.
  10. Now that you're here, the thread has made it!

Runawaywithme and nooniebao like this.
  11. I'm officially obsessed with Josie. I really hope she gets a big push, I could see this taking off.

12. I've been scratching my head as to what it reminds me of and I now realise it screams 1989 Taylor Swift. Those chugging synths and the huge country inspired chorus is it.

Runawaywithme likes this.
  13. Why haven't Epic made Josie a smash yet?

nooniebao likes this.
  14. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but I'm curious since people like John Ryan, Julian Bunetta and Ali Tamposi worked on it.

15. I have just discovered her and I love most of her output.

Runawaywithme likes this.
  16. Kinda obsessed with "JOSIE" and "STARRY EYED".

nooniebao, Runawaywithme and swim like this.
  17. The original Josie remains one of the best songs of the year

nooniebao and enricll like this.
  18. Really loving the new EP. The two new songs are perfect, late summer, shimmery indie pop numbers. They give me slight Blood Orange vibes. I'm really exicted about her.

nooniebao and enricll like this.
  19. Live performance of Josie with Jimmie Allen:

Tiger Suit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.