Lizzie McGuire Reboot (Disney+) | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

Lizzie McGuire Reboot (Disney+)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by jamesmax, Aug 23, 2019.

1. It's not ideal for Disney+ to have the Lizzie reboot airing on Hulu, especially since they'd probably then need to put the original episodes on Hulu too, but that's much better than losing the show altogether.

Hilary did the right thing speaking out, literally everyone is on her side over this.

thequinntessential likes this.
  2. Hmm...

thequinntessential likes this.
  3. Well no one ever said the show was cancelled. That Variety article said there's a feeling that if they can't agree on a show runner then it won't move forward, but thats all. I don't think anythings changed - no matter what happens it was always going to be on pause while Hilary films Younger, like he acknowledged.

lushLuck and thequinntessential like this.
  4. They probably aimed to shoot half the season before Hillary left to film Younger and then come back and film the rest. Now even if they sort this out we won't be seeing anything until 2021 now.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. She’s just talking about the fact that Sonny With A Chance isn’t on Disney+, which is a very strange omission as almost everything else from that era is available.

6. Meanwhile, the first episode of the Lizzie McGuire revival, the script for which THR has also read, acknowledges the existence of sex with cheating as a central plot point. Duff, in her recent Instagram post, said she was worried about “limiting the realities of a 30 year old’s [sic] journey to live under the ceiling of a PG rating” on Disney+ and made a plea for the show to be join High Fidelity and Love, Simon at Hulu.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bob-igers-next-priority-streamline-disney-development-1283260

7. I'm still super pissed about this.

8. I hope she continues to stand her ground. The plot is so realistic for millennials today. Disney+ doesn't get it. Millennials like Lizzie McGuire are holding off having children and starting families until their late 30s/40s nowadays due to the economy and lack of affordable housing/student loans/etc. Pushing it to suddenly be Lizzie McGuire + Children would be such a slap in the face to fans like us. That's why Raven's Home was such a disappointment (especially making her divorced).

Disney also has this mindset that having older characters would turn off/be of no interest to their young demographic which is kind of insulting their intelligence. Growing up, I and many others used to watch shows like Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, Golden Girls, Murder, She Wrote, Will and Grace, etc. even tho they were older characters in their 30s+ nobody cared. Sure, we didn't relate to them at the time, but many of those characters/situations inspired us for when we got older. Don't have to have characters be the same age to connect/love them.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  9. Pat

Pat

So Terry Minsky is back? Assuming the call is work related and not just a catch up between old colleagues. That should be a good sign.

10. That's a really good sign! Maybe, just maybe Disney finally realized neglecting their millennial audience was a stupid idea.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    elektroxx likes this.
  11. In late February, she broke her silence about the Lizzie McGuire reboot being put on hold, urging Disney to move the show from Disney+ to Hulu so her character’s journey can be as authentic as possible.

The star — who first stepped into McGuire’s shoes as a pre-teen — tells PEOPLE there’s no bad blood, and discussions are still ongoing.

“There’s still conversations going on in hopes that we can find a way to meet in the middle and both bend a little bit,” she says. “I understand that they have to protect their brand and there’s pretty strict guidelines on what that looks like.”

Adds Duff: “I just have to make sure it’s the right move for me and that I feel like I’m honoring her and the character, and that it will be relatable to the people who grew up with her because those are the people I really want to speak to.”

https://people.com/parents/hilary-duff-son-daughter-bond-ease-mom-guilt-kohls-exclusive/

lushLuck and PopCrushed like this.
  12. Pat

Pat

If they are looking for a way to meet in the middle, I guess all adult related topics will be discussed in a non-explicit way and there'll be no sex scenes, or something like that.

13. I feel like The Bold Type should be the mood board for the vibe of this show. It’s not exactly Lena Dunham getting the twins out every ten minutes in Girls, but there is a discussion and acknowledgement of relationships and sex, albeit in a fairly PG13 way.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Island, Remorque, Maria and 2 others like this.
  14. Half of the Marvel movies have the word “shit” amongst others in them as well as the acknowledgement of adult exploits in some nature. They’re being pushed on Disney+ like crazy.

I honestly do not get what could be so obscene with this reboot that Disney struggled with it!

It doesn’t need crazy sex scenes etc but the acknowledgement of sex and the odd cuss word should be allowed.

The fact of the matter is that Disney+ will NEVER rival the likes of Netflix, Amazon etc if they do not bend to other demographics. They should make a “kids” section and “adults” section and then they would really be a complete and total threat.

snoho, OlliMaus, PopCrushed and 6 others like this.
  15. Tweets: Check out some photos on the wall, cardboard, etc
    upload_2020-4-13_23-51-30.jpg

diamondliam, Rob, POPGASM and 4 others like this.
  16. Disney+ is home to an episode of The Simpsons where Marge and Homer run around town naked after getting caught having sex in public because they discovered a new kink while trying to revive their quiet sex life.

None of Disney’s content policies seem to have any consistency.

snoho, elektroxx and irishlamb like this.
  17. You got that right. Disney+ actually edited Daryl Hannah’s butt in Splash (a PG movie). While the Avengers has a decapitation and it’s another day at the office. The way American culture is so desensitized to violence and appalled at sexuality/nudity is mind blowing.

Shame on Disney.

18. The fake covering is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen!

Lander, Remorque, PopCrushed and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.