Lizzo - Special | Page 52 | The Popjustice Forum

Lizzo - Special

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jwentz, Jan 4, 2021.

1. I think I’m content now with Lizzo not necessarily rocking the boat musically, because she really is doing that in other more impactful ways at the moment. And that’s not to say the music isn’t impactful in its own way, but it feels like a supplement to an overall goal of hers. It may not be the direction I had initially envisioned when I first became a fan, but that’s on me. I’mma keep bopping.

And a fitting tweet for the moment

myblood, 1986, LPMA and 15 others like this.
  2. So About Damn Time has really grown on me out of nowhere (I didn't hate it before, I just had mild Trend Fatigue seeing it all over the place), but "Balenci-ussy" still knocks me for six every single time I hear it. Like.....ma'am?!

myblood, Truce, Wishlight and 10 others like this.
  3. My Dad (as straight, cis male as they come) has started stanning Lizzo randomly. He asked if I’d heard her “new” song last week because he loved it, so I played him Juice today and he was living. Pride month already made.

myblood, He, Robert and 30 others like this.
  4. Do I wanna ask how old is he? How old is he?

5. He’s in his late 40s. This is the man that used to wrap me in a Scotland towel as a child and let me be “Scottish Spice” ddd

6. Nn same age as me.
    Awwww cuties.

myblood, He, nbtsa and 11 others like this.
  7. #4 this week on the Hot 100. A hit!

myblood, He, Leopold and 20 others like this.
  8. She managed to get a hit single out of this era. Good for her. I thought it was in trouble after Rumors came and went really quickly. About Damn Time is good so I'm glad it's doing well. It's definitely a very safe song, but hopefully the album will show variety.

myblood, nbtsa, Leopold and 5 others like this.
  9. "Rumors" was corny in a non-cute way. "About Damn Time" veers into corny but that production baby... *chefs kiss*.

myblood, Wishlight, hologram and 3 others like this.
  10. The more I listen to About Damn Time the more I love it! It really reminds me of Good as Hell Lizzo, unstoppable bop with her charisma all over it

Tchelitchew likes this.
  11. Not the sample dd

OlliMaus, nooniebao and varjak like this.
  12. C E Ho

spaceship and inevitable like this.
  13. Another clip from the listening party

OlliMaus likes this.
  14. I listened to one clip but I won’t listen to more even though im DYING TO

15. 2 minutes?!

Grrl... The interlude.

16. This lowered my expectations for the album quite substantially.

myblood, Lapras, Euphoria and 5 others like this.
  17. "Grrrls" is going to end up being the worst on the album, because the other clips we've heard are capital 'B' Bops, so far.

inevitable likes this.
  18. Love Lizzo but as soon as I saw 2 min. I peaced out from the 3 seconds I was in...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.