Lizzo - Special | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

Lizzo - Special

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jwentz, Jan 4, 2021.

1. This is a much more fun affair overall than her debut, I want Everybody’s Gay and 2 Be Loved forced onto the general public as singles ASAP!

2. This is great, really good. Enjoying it.

inevitable likes this.
  3. The album is nice but I didn't find anything, well, special, for now. Will give it more spins though.

Lately and Ferk like this.
  4. 2 Be Loved is the best thing she did since Juice. I absolutely love it.

5. 2 Be Loved is SO good.

6. Island

Island Staff Member

I like the album, but I wish there was more genre shifts with the production like on her first album. At least she isn’t screaming at me, though!

Uno and Lately like this.
  7. Anybody know if the vinyls still have the old version of “Grrrls” with the slur?

8. Yeah, they most likely will, since the song was only changed a couple weeks ago.

9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It’a a fine album but everything exciting about her has been so watered down, I know for a fact she’ll sell all these songs incredibly well live.

Sleepycat likes this.
  10. I only took 2 Be Loved from this. She should’ve done more tracks with Max and his team, but I feel like a deluxe with better tracks is coming anyway.

11. 2 Be Loved really is screaming to be a single in the best way. Album is overall an enjoyable listen, won't use all of it, but it feels more cohesive than Cuz I Love You.

12. I'm good with the three Max tracks we got (two, if you pretend "Grrrls" doesn't exist like I'm doing). I love the mid-2000s R&B vibe running across the majority of the album.

13. This album is on repeat today. It took a while for me to get into the last one, but it ended up as my album of the year. This time I was sold straight away. 2 Be Loved needs an 80s movie montage video.

14. Everybody's Gay best song on the album we won

[​IMG]

15. Break Up Twice is glorious, it’s hitting right.

16. "Special" is giving Mary J during The Breakthrough era production wise. Never thought in 2022 I'd need something like this.

17. The echos every time she says Special in the chorus are iconic and lowkey take the song to a 10.

18. The way 2 Be Loved almost turns into I'm So Excited but doesn't and instead edges you into pop disco heaven... thank you queen.

19. Special should be saccharine gloop but Lizzo sings it so sincerely. Why did the “I’m so glad you’re still with us” lyric have me weeping on a Friday morning?

I knew Everybody’s Gay was going to be a winner but I didn’t realise it was Halloween/costume party-adjacent, one of my favourite pop subgenres!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.