Lolly | The Popjustice Forum

Lolly

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by richard2711, Dec 7, 2006.

1. One question UK - what were we thinking?

This woman had top 5 hits for goodness sake!

2. Do not slag Lolly off!!!!

Pick n Mix is a truly incredible bubblegum pop album. Admittedly, My First Album, which was the successful one, was pretty appalling.

Per Sempre Amore is still one of my favourite pop tracks of the millennium.

3. I'm not slagging her off Scoodly Doodly, you've gotta admit though, looking back she did bloody well considering the type of stuff she put out there...can you imagine her doing so well in today's climate?

Also, yes Per Sempre Amore is ace, I seem to remember the dance routine being awesome!

4. Lolly is better than kylie, madonna and all the Spice Girls rolled into one. Lolly is a misunderstood tormented ARTISTE, so glad I get her.

5. Ragestar

Ragestar Guest

yeah she was great, haha.
    I'd say she was one of a kind but then has anyone heard of Bambee?

6. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I love the First Album. All tracks sound the same but all are equally catchy. For a "Let's do a budget Aqua but with only a Lene" type thing she was really good. Viva La Radio on TOTPS was ace...

7. i remember her final single kept changing , at 1 point it was "puppy love" which was later a top 10 hit for sclubjuniors , but the final single never happened

8. 'It Never Rains But It Pours' is a lost pop masterpiece...'999' was pretty fab too.

I remember finding her nomination for Best British Newcomer at the BRITS hilarious in the extreme though.

vivalaradio likes this.
  9. Lolly was great. I remember buying her album on tape. Oh, how those days have passed. She's a tv presenter now isn't she?

10. Anna Kumble! Pronounced "Kum-bley" according to those in the know.

If only the Brits had been done through televoting....

11. Was Viva La Radio not Lolly's finest moment?

12. Lolly has so many fine moments to choose from that I'm sure we all have our favourites. Viva La Radio was spectacular, especially the Steps Tour version which had the extended dance break, as featured on the b side to Per Sempre Amore.

13. I think I was a bit old to get her.

Even as a student, she wasn't even ironically good.

14. Ragestar

Ragestar Guest

ah but she was just pop music. remember that?

15. I saw her in perform in a nightclub last year... I got a big hysterical. I hadn't realised what a big part of my childhood (fine! teenagehood!) Lolly actually was!

Hey Mickey was her finest moment I think you will find! Despite being a cover it was pretty rockin (robin).

16. I remember thinking how good 'Big Boys Don't Cry' was for an act of her calibre.

17. The fact that an act like Lolly had quite a few top 20 hits looks so bizarre now. It really was another world back then.

I thought she was OK at the time. I really enjoyed Viva La Radio and Per Sempre Amore.

My mum quite liked her. She thought her voice was nice on Big Boys Don't Cry and in her teenage years she was a big fan of the original versions of the songs Lolly covered. She hated Lolly's version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun though.

18. Ragestar

Ragestar Guest

i hope we get someone like her again some day - if only to annoy the smug DJs!

19. Lolly <3!
    I love Lolly! I am sad but I don't care!
    Per Sempre Amore is ace. I wasn't too keen on Big Boys Don't Cry but I bought it anyway. Viva La Radio is perfection! Oh the days...

20. I think we all know that Lolly's greatest moment was the 8 minute megamix that was the b-side to the Per Sempre Amore CD1.

Actually, maybe not Lolly's finest moment. Maybe humanities finest moment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.