Lonnie Gordon | The Popjustice Forum

Lonnie Gordon

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by nanafan, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Ive just has a mammoth Lonnie Gordon listening session on the way into work this morning and I have a question about Right Before My Eyes. How many mixes of this track are there? I've got the following

NY Mix - From the original If I Have To Stand Alone album
    The Blind House Mix (6.20) - Fom Happenin' All Over Again CD
    The Blind House Mix [Edit] (5.32) - Source unknown
    NY Lunch Mix (4.15) - From The Right Stuff CD

I think the promo 12" (SUPET155) has the Blind House Mix and the NY Mix on it but can't check as my turntable isn't working at the moment.

This is an awesome track, just checking I've got all the mixes.

Other than the SAW singles Cinco De Mayo, It's Not Over, Love Eviction (OK, it's PWL I know!) and Gonna Catch You are tunes. Though Lonnie should have some love in a thread

2. Why was this not included in the reissue ?
    And it's not on the new boxset, even if some HAOA included it

3. Probably because "Right Before My Eyes" was a cover version originally recorded by Patti Day and written by Michael Zager. All of the bonus tracks on the Cherry Pop edition are PWL.

4. I'm really excited for the previously unheard Hip House Rap Mix of Happenin' All Over Again on the new PWL boxset!

Love Eviction is amazing, takes me back to my misspent youth.

5. I don't know who produced this track!

6. The sleeve says "Right Before My Eyes" was produced by Bruce Forest for D.M.C.

7. Thank you !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.